With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

Some Suggestion And Idea 1.

Postby e77onX » Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:52 pm

Hiho!

At first sorry for My bad english , this is not My familiar language.
Im a leader of a Hungarian fps game fan team. We found Ur game ,and its just awesome! We collect our(and from other games) ideas and suggestions to (hope) help makes this game better. I hope i can make this forum more active with. I dont write all just some of them. :) (We really wait the standalone version of the game it will make this cool game more popular and (hope) more ppl will use it.)

1. Better ,maybe animated crosshair : I dont know how mutch work it takes but we like an animated more sharp crosshair what is show Ur weapon accuracy. I mean bigger crosshair when stand and smaller when crouch, bigger when jump or run or move. I cant really tell what we want but check this warrock video i really like the crosshair in warrock. Check this video out :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KhKFVRc96g

And some screens (there is crosshair some of them) :
Screenshots

Urban Terror have a same style crosshair i think.

2. Let the teammates name always visible in team gamemodes , because there is no big differences between players and hard to recognize who is teammate and who not :oops: . If tmates name always visible not just when aiming them it will be better :)

3. Tha chat : we have some problems with the chat : we usualy chat a lot until game 8) the chat messages shown on wrong place :cry:
1. its on top of the screen and hard to concetrate to game while reading
2. its mix with damage and kill information so too mutch information in 1 place
3.It shown too short time usualy we cant read messages because we in action.

So pls move the chat to other place maybe left and center of the screen and pls make 3 - 4 lines to show in 1 time and make longer ti me to read
Check this screen for chat :

Thats enough for today :) it takes me 1,5 hour to write :?
If some of this ideas was discussed pls skip it and sorry :(

Regards :
e77onX(aka 1onwyou etc...)
e77onX
Drifter

Postby Clintstone » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:13 am

Welcome to the forums, e77onX! As I read your suggestions it occured to me that there is another thing that might be really, really good... When we play, people usually "shout" at eachother because they were killed while typing messages. The problem is that you cannot identify whether they are buying stuff or typing - or do I miss something :?:

My understanding of the game is, that buying weapons is part of the game while writing messages is not. Do you understand what I mean? Buying weapons is something like reloading - and I definitly want to shoot people while reloading :twisted: ... If they don't hide properly to do so, it's their fault :wink:

Do you guys think that this is possible somehow?

Cheers to all and some nice smokin' guns to you, e77onX!

Clintstone
Clintstone
Quick Draw

Postby e77onX » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:29 am

Hiho!

I totally agree with You! ("that buying weapons is part of the game while writing messages is not","If they don't hide properly to do so, it's their fault ") , but U misunderstand me ,and its my fault i dont write properly what i want so sorry :(
Our problem is reading not the typing :)
" 1. its on top of the screen and hard to concetrate to game while reading
2. its mix with damage and kill information so too mutch information in 1 place
3.It shown too short time usualy we cant read messages because we in action. "

Screenshot :

So if the messages present in other place and not only for few seconds it would be good.

Sorry for My bad English :(

Best Regards:

e77onX
Last edited by e77onX on Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
e77onX
Drifter

Postby Clintstone » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:36 am

Hi e77onX,
e77onX wrote:..., but U misunderstand me ,and its my fault i dont write properly what i want so sorry :(

no worries, everything is fine. I definitly did understand you – and agree that your suggestions for improvement are worth thinking about, I should have added this to my message – but what I wrote came to my mind as I read your ideas. So it is not your idea in other words but another – additional – suggestion. However – we've got to wait what the developers think about that...

And your English is not that bad anyway :wink:

Cheers,

Clintstone
Clintstone
Quick Draw

Postby e77onX » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:44 am

Hiho!
Thank U about my English. I was edit my message and put a screenshot in to understand what i mean. :)

Regards :

e77onx :)
e77onX
Drifter

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:44 pm

Hi e77onX & thanks for your suggestions. The dev team is struggling to continue supporting this game in a timely fashion. I think we will be doing well just to get the stand alone released without any extra changes. :| However, if we can find the time to make a few changes before release we will definately look into it. Since we will release the source at the same time as the SA, we are hopeful that this game will continue to grow & improve for many years. :)
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Clintstone » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:12 pm

Hi ReD,
ReD NeCKersoN wrote:The dev team is struggling to continue supporting this game in a timely fashion. I think we will be doing well just to get the stand alone released without any extra changes. :|

take your time for that. Speaking for myself, the suggestion wasn't meant as an urgent itch but more as an idea written down for coming back to lateron, when there is time. Above all, I'd like to see the SA become final – thanks for all your efforts to get this on its way and for working on it!

Until then,

Clintstone
Clintstone
Quick Draw

Postby haraldx » Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:38 pm

i like youre idea ! And Can You Send Me Email With the music in the video ? I Like It ! My Stupid Email : haraldx@inbox.lv
In Game Name: Harald
Favourite Weapon: Colt Peacmaker
My Favourite Char: TheMexican

Im Amigo With Sombrero On Head And Peacmaker In Hand !
haraldx
Gunslinger

Postby hika » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:21 pm

I will see what I can do about the following suggestions :

1) chat messages not to be mixed with event messages
2) varying crosshair dimension, according to player's movement (and maybe the weapon ?)
3) another bulb for buying ... (maybe a "$" instead of "...")
btw, the bulb resource already exists :D
(see ./gfx/bubbles/buy.tga in wq3_pak0.pk3 zip file) so it should not be difficult to make the change.
SG name: Manchot
SG fansite: http://western.bsdmon.com
userbar originally created by Caffeine
hika
SG Team

Postby Clintstone » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:03 pm

hika wrote:I will see what I can do about the following suggestions :

1) chat messages not to be mixed with event messages
2) varying crosshair dimension, according to player's movement (and maybe the weapon ?)
3) another bulb for buying ... (maybe a "$" instead of "...")
btw, the bulb resource already exists :D
(see ./gfx/bubbles/buy.tga in wq3_pak0.pk3 zip file) so it should not be difficult to make the change.

Wow, hika, you're the man! You guys are really *so* *great*!

Looking forward to everything :)

Cheers,

Clintstone
Clintstone
Quick Draw

Postby e77onX » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:19 am

Hiho!

WoW great news !

BIG Thanks!

Best Regards :

e77onX
e77onX
Drifter

Future

Postby e77onX » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:12 pm

Hiho again!

So ok let the developers finish the SA version! :) But until they do dont let this forum die! Lets talk about future version (maybe 3.0?) improwments and ideas thingies... To make this game more popular and comfortable :)
Here is some of Our thingies :

1. New option to choose Ur favorite revolver + ballance without changing the buying system. For Us and i think all of U have the favorite revolver what U can use perfectly. Our ide is to let choose Ur favorite weapon in player setup so U can start every round with Ur fav. Yes i know there is differences between revolvers , so lets ballace it a little. Let make 3 category Accuracy - Remington,Speed - SW ,Damage - Colt. So the rem get a little more damage and more accuracy, SW is enought fast to shoot and to reload so lets nerf damage or maybe keep it but make lil inaccurate and the Colt I think its tooo overpowered , yes its reload is slow but reload 1 bullet is fast so lets nerf its damage a little. And lets ballance the revolvers price alittle lets keep the same so colt is the ost expensive rem is the cheapest but al little lower price.
If anyone interested in this i can write the weapon specification changes here.

2. Some new weapon specify map i exactly think about sharp rifle map. I plan to learn how to mal?ke maps and i try make 1 or 2 maybe 3 :).
So some big maps to use rifles and for sniping.
Another thing we found the sharprifle too overpowered if I remember good the damage is 65 now but correct me if Im wrong. :)

head: 5 -1 hit
neck: 2.8 -1 hit
shoulder: 2 - 1 hit --> 2 hit
hands, arms:1
chest/upper back: 2.6 -1 hit
stomach/lower back: 2 --> 2,1 -1hit
groin/ass: 2 -1 hit -->2 hit
leg: 1.8 -1hit ---> 2 or 3 hit
foot: 1.2

So if I read exactly the damage is multiplied with 0,8 so 65 -> 52
so lets change the damage to 62 *0,8 = 49,6 its still deadly but that way need some aiming before shoot.
So what do U think about?

3. New gamemode(s) : wot do U think about a new gamemode what on depends on hit points so there is a game like deathmatch but not the best killer win the match. The winner is who hit hard aim points like head neck etc. and earn more points than others.

Thats all for today :)
Lets talk about it pls :)
Sorry for MY bad English :(

Best Reagards :
e77onX
e77onX
Drifter

Re: Future

Postby DeUgli » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:02 pm

e77onX wrote:Another thing we found the sharprifle too overpowered if I remember good

Yes, but there is only one shot with the Sharps, and reloading takes a lot of time. I think that should also be considered. If you miss, a player with only a knife can kill you before you reload.
DeUgli
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby e77onX » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:18 pm

Hello!

Yes but my opinion is the sharp rifle is for long range shooting(correct me if im wrong) not for close combat and at long range the knife is useless . And i talked about a little downgrade so only shoulder/legs/groin/ass need 2 hit to kill other need 1 hit.

Best Regards :

e77onX
e77onX
Drifter

Postby hika » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:38 pm

Pricing and weapon balancing were already discussed, before we released beta 2.2.
About the Sharp Rifle power, making it less powerful will only make it less popular than it is.
I mean, very few people use it.
By the way, it is quite hard to hit a moving player ... and shooting a guy from a very far place can make the shooter proud of him :)

I'm against the favorite weapons on each round start, because you have to deserve it and earn the needed money.
The less we can do is to create a new command to buy your favorite weapon, and then to bind it to the key you want.

About new gamemode, why not ? You might create a poll and see what the other people here think about it :)
SG name: Manchot
SG fansite: http://western.bsdmon.com
userbar originally created by Caffeine
hika
SG Team

Next

Return to Feedback Forum

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel