With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

Gamespeed n sounds n stuff

Postby =[TxP]= NiXoN » Sun Sep 22, 2002 10:35 am

I have been playing Western from the beginning, and introduced alot of people to this mod, all of them coming from the Outaws scene. Yall must know we were the first Quake 3 Western clan, also existing as an Outlaws clan called Young Guns.. Those Outlaws playing boys n gals (yes there are some girls playing Outlaws too), who had been introduced, practically allways had the same comment on the mod; The gamespeed, way too slow for the Outlaws players ( whenever you played outlaws, you will find other games to be slow though, it's the best training for any other fps), i must say it is not very realistic, when the gamespeed is that high, but there is a certain compromise between realism and playfun. The other thing was the metallish sound of all guns and tnt bars, plus the sound of the person who screams out the pain he has. And oh yes, killing became very easy compared to outlaws. You know why? In Outlaws you really need to fight someone hit em a few times or place just the right shot to kill em. Whenever you get hold of a double barrell shotgun in Western, you are very hard to kill. Well i know you might have changed this in Beta 2.0, but those things were just what didn't make Outlaws players stay. But i will continue my mission on bringing on people to the Quake 3 Western game!Because it's the best thing that happened to gamingworld eversince Outlaws came out! Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaw!!!!

=[TxP]= NiXoN
Leader of The Ex Presidents
Last edited by =[TxP]= NiXoN on Sun Sep 22, 2002 9:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.
The Ex Presidents™ - Peace by Superior Firepower!~
=[TxP]= NiXoN
Drifter

Postby Lixus » Sun Sep 22, 2002 1:43 pm

i have to say that the gamespeed in beta 2 is definitely slower than in beta 1.... i think fast and slow both have their good and their bad sides, but i think the slower way, as it is in beta 2, fits pretty good for wq3...

ah, yeah, does =YG= still exist or did it rename to txp?? i mean should we delete the YG players in the buddy finder or rename them (i dont know if this is possible) or leave it as it is..?
=Lixus=
Lixus
Iron Claw

Young Guns / The Ex Presidents

Postby =[TxP]= NiXoN » Sun Sep 22, 2002 2:54 pm

Heya! You scared me a bit notifying beta 2 is going to be slower than beta 1.2... In beta 1.2 i allready felt i could jump higher myself in real life, and running did feel like fast walking. I am sure alot of guys who are attracted to the new Western beta 2, coming from Outlaws- and there are alot- will be very pleased with the quake 3 engine, the new game modes, and the overall graphics, textures and details, but will dislike the characters speed. Guys coming from other mods or from basic Quake 3 will not notice this very much, but i don't think those are the stayers really. Most of the time they are just looking for a temporary mod to play next to their Cs or Quake or Urban Terror games. I think your best goal is to attract the Outlaws players and meet them with realism with a wink. That's my oppinion ofcourse but i have been doing alot of advertising and promoting lately, aswell introducing to beta 1.2.
To answer your question: We renamed ourselves from YG to TxP, only the hardcore members stayed, and we kicked out the newbies... TxP is lead by the same crew, the hardcore crew of Young Guns. So yes, i wanted to delete the old YG names myself :) I'll make the other members registrate with their new names, and you may delete the YG names
:)

=[TxP]= NiXoN aka [YG] Billy the Kid; ex leader of Young Guns,
=[TxP]= NiXoN
Drifter

Postby General Tso » Mon Sep 23, 2002 10:36 pm

The pace is definately a little different. I've been Beta testing with my LAN group and most of them are Q3 and UT'ers but they all acclimated nicely after they got used to it.

CS is slower paced than those games too but it still has a huge following even with it's dated graphics engine.
General Tso
Iron Claw

Acclimate

Postby =[TxP]= NiXoN » Tue Sep 24, 2002 11:09 am

I am sure they can all acclimate nicely but that wasn't what i meant. Ofcourse this mod stands on his own and i respect that but Outlawsplayers, a big group to aim at, are players who kept coming back to the game because of it's gamespeed. They played Q3 Ut and Hl, but they got bored when they played it for a while. I don't know Gunslingers Q2, that community seems dead, atleast there through gamespy running (wrong) webpages, so i don't know their gamespeed. Reading the forums i assume it's more dynamic than Q3, and that's what makes outlawsplayers return to their old fashioned game... Outlaws is the ultimate fps game to train for other fps shooters. Quake 3 Western basically was inspired on Outlaws, and with their community and clans, it would be the perfect way to create a community for Western. Now i could not have been testing beta 2.0 ofcourse ( i recommend myself though with my Outlaws background i know what those people want), but they just love the dynamics of Outlaws. Fast action, tactical and challenging, and they are hoping they will find a mod which got the same; tactical and challenging (no doubt) but fast action most of all. I am talking about a community with dozends of clans and every night yet still about 26 people enjoying outlaws but dislike it's old fashioned engine and connection system(lag) and it's poor videocard support, and just hoping for a new game to appear with the same features...

=[TxP]= NiXoN
=[TxP]= NiXoN
Drifter

Return to Feedback Forum

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel