With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

Great job.

Postby newbified » Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:12 am

I watched your teams demo of the new beta 2.0 in action..and you're right that it wasn't quite the quality of the other videos that were up for download that I've had for a while and watched regularly...but this one seemed a lot more comprehensive, and much closer to the finished product than one had yet to be. I noticed a few things, such as some very realistic gunsmoke coming from the 2 handguns before I believe it was Lixus took the tumble down the building...and I wanted to congratulate your team on those two aspects simply...the falling animation and dynamic appears to be very well done, as well as the smoke appears to be much more realistic than anything else along the same lines I've seen in other conversions...I've followed this mod for quite a while..my brother dad and I often used to play it on our LAN, but since the bot support seemed to be lacking in b1 we mainly played myself against them...for some reason the bots just loved to run into corners and stay there :). Your mod first peaked my interest...wow...I don't even know how long ago...if I had to guess I would say a little more than 2 years ago...but I'm often bad with dates, and I only learned of your mod while you were on planetquake through a friend who was somewhat mad at your team for at the time we were reworking Gunslinger Quake 2 and he wanted to bring a western conversion to Quake 3 :P. But to be blatantly truthful, you all did a much better job than I think any amount of us could have done. Everytime I see a new update with screenshots you amaze me...the models and skins are always done so well..they look more realistic than anything I've seen in Quake 3's blocky weapon model system...and the job you do on the skins for the player models as well makes me somewhat envious, having once done skinning for other games. I suppose I've probably given all of you enough praise for now though hmm? :roll: . I just want to congratulate you all once more, for all of your hard work and dedication. People may say they're impatient to have this mod, but they're lucky they have a team to work patiently on something like this for so long, for without you all...there wouldn't be a mod of Western Quake 3 :)...and if there was, it could be much worse :D.
newbified
Drifter

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Fri Feb 14, 2003 2:53 am

I think that pretty much sums it all up. Couldn't have said it better myself. 8)
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Return to Feedback Forum

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel