With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

Should Western Quake be altered for Unreal Tournament 2003??

Poll ended at Sun Apr 06, 2003 6:06 pm

Yes
27%
No
73%

Total votes : 11

Thanks....and great job!

Postby BrianTW » Fri Mar 07, 2003 6:06 pm

The new Western Quake is awesome looking.

I found the first version by accident and loved it. But it was very cartoonish looking and very rough...by rough I mean the in game action. As you back up or run along a wall you constantly run into edges and crap that stop you from moving. Going up and down steps with narrows walls and low ceiling was a real pain in the ass too. The CANYON map...going down the stairs into the underground section....a total nightmare.

The new version looks like a huge improvement! I downloaded the images and videos...they were sweet! I am impressed. I hope the game play is improved too. I eagerly await the chance to download it tonight.

I admit I am getting sick of the Quake 3 game engine and the mods built on them. I would love to see you guys do a version of this for UT2K3! Now that would be an awesome accomplishment!

You guys did great. I deeply appreciate you taking the time to create a FREE mod that is both fun and original. I also love it's simplicity too. No complicated team strategies or keybindings needed...just good old shoot and loot-hop and pop fun!!
I am getting sick of space games and alien fighting/hunting. The wild, wild, west was a nice twist.

I am going to be getting rid of Quake 3 soon. It has had its run but now it is time to focus on the new games. MOH:AA, UNREAL II, UT2K3. I believe Quake 4 is coming this fall/winter. I look forward to what the future holds.

Thanks for al your hard work and actually completing a mod. I still see claims of some mod sites saying their mod is almost complete...yeah right! Most of them made that claim 18 months ago!!! You guys have created 2!!!

Thanks again!
BrianTW
Drifter

Return to Feedback Forum

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel