With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

My feedback

Postby CoolDude » Tue Mar 11, 2003 12:48 am

Well, first of all, great mod! The looks, the feel, the music (grrrreat soundtrack!!), way to go ICI. Even the splash video looks awesome ;)
But, as everything, IMHO it can be improved. I think you guys are already planning 2.1 or 2.2 (I read the missing maps thread or smth like that) so I might as well pop some suggestions. I'm no modeler/skinner/coder, just some regular player having a great time with your mod and hoping some things get improved along the way.

For instance, the weapon models. They look really nice. But if you look at them closely, you feel something is wrong. The reflections. I mean, a really shiny colt and the reflections are static? It looks kinda weird. Have you considered using a reflective shader on them or smth like that? Same goes for the other pistols ;)
Also, tough the weapon models are cool overall, I must agree with the hands thread back there, they are sort of blocky ;)

As for the gameplay, it's really nice, but sometimes I feel we should be able to jump just a little further. I mean, sometimes it's kinda hard going from roof to roof. The game pace is cool; I also play Action Quake2/Reaction and maybe that's why I feel the pace should be a bit faster. But that's arguable ;)

BTW, shouldn't the cactuses sting a bit? ;)
Some of the models' blood splats are too pinkish IMHO..

I think I found a bug, when someone is dead and leaves the server, is body sort of explodes and it drops the dead's weapons again (I hope I made my point).
Another weird thing is in TP, if you change team after dying you lose all your frags/money AND you spawn alive on the other team (you should be dead!)
With too much PL the scores won't show. Is this q3/netcode fault?

Can't remeber much ATM, I'll repost if I come up with smth new.
One thing: how does the hit detection system/damage work? I've died with a single leg shot, and survived headshots...

*EDITED TWICE, read again plz =)*

Keep it up!

cya
CoolDude
Newcomer

Postby CoolDude » Sun Mar 16, 2003 8:10 pm

Some new stuff:

Maybe kick brakables instead of shooting/cutting them would be nice too (kick a window glass, etc)

The flares around the lights feel too "lensy". Just a simple halo would do IMHO, with out that lens FX (those tiny, colored circles in the flare). As someone said in another mod, I don't see my life through a lens ;)

There are a few seconds after dying that the living still see what u type.

The killing messages could be a bit more inventive, no? ;) I suggest opening a thread asking for the community's suggestions :)

cya
CoolDude
Newcomer

Postby Shalashaska » Mon Mar 17, 2003 4:14 am

yeah there should be a suggestions forum...
good suggestions

i think that there should be a new gametype, "harcore duel", where you dont heal between duels but you get more cash if you win
Shalashaska
Drifter

Postby kuran » Sun Mar 30, 2003 8:27 pm

A instagib duel mode would seem cool too, where one shot kills...
kuran
Drifter

Return to Feedback Forum

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel