With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

Love it but hate it

Postby BrianTW » Tue Mar 11, 2003 5:45 pm

I am enjoying the new Western Quake but I am also disappointed that there is no simple DeathMatch mode. I just want to jump into a map and shoot everything in sight..no team mates, no goal. I liked that option in the first Western Quake3. I hate to see it go.

Setting up the game is a bit of a pain. I would like to see the changes made(game time, limits, number of players) stay the same as the way I set it last.

I prefer the way the weapons worked in the old version and I liked the sound sbtter too. The shotgun was more forceful and in your face. I hate the loading method for dual pistols, and the shooting method too.

On the plus side...the graphics are much better, the skins are much better and it has almost lost that cartoonish quality it had. Some of it is still lurking but it is much better.

Thanks guys for giving it a full blown effort and for providing all of us with some more free fun.
BrianTW
Drifter

Postby DeadKennedy » Tue Mar 11, 2003 5:58 pm

hey there is a Deathmatch mode!
we have Deathmatch, Team-Deathmatch, Bankrobbery, Round Teamplay and Duel.
DeadKennedy
Iron Claw

Postby don » Tue Mar 11, 2003 9:08 pm

deathmatch is for pussies
don
Drifter

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Wed Mar 12, 2003 8:24 am

Brian, try 66.68.18.53:27960
It's a server near you. :wink: It runs DEATHMATCH and DUEL.

Anyone else think Don probably sucks at deathmatch? Can I get a show of hands here? :lol:
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Tragic Jester » Wed Mar 12, 2003 3:05 pm

Lol, I personally don't like DM either. I like Duel the best. ;)
Tragic Jester
Newcomer

Postby newbified » Thu Mar 13, 2003 4:15 am

/me raises hand

But yea..I love the duel mode...and even in Deathmatch or TDM I usually do pretty well...it's when it comes to bankrobbery that I sux :oops: but then again what do you expect from a guy who almost every round only akimbo's pistols until he finds a weapon someone else dropped? 8) The server I play on though (Soujiro or something like that I believe) practically everytime Duel comes around people just vote to change the map..lol...and I can't enter yours Red because it says my CD-Key is invalid despite the fact I bought my q3 and have the cd case right next to me with the cd-key and it's legit :P.
newbified
Drifter

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Thu Mar 13, 2003 7:39 am

I have a friend with the same problem connecting to my server. Sometimes he can get in, sometimes not. I don't understand why. I don't have Punkbuster enabled on the server so you shouldn't get invalid cd key even if you had a fake one. Any ideas of what could be wrong? Plenty of people get in just fine....others don't. :oops:
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

About cd_key invalid problem...

Postby sporting19992000 » Thu Mar 13, 2003 3:59 pm

I also have bought Quake 3 and have been experiencing those problems. Yesterday I was so annoyed for not being able to connect to a server that I began to write \reconnect everytime it gave me that cd_key invalid message. It took me a minute or so but I finally got connected. I don't know what the problem is but at least there's a way to still connect, just don't get frustrated for not connecting immediately.

Hope this helps...

Cheers
sporting19992000
Drifter

Return to Feedback Forum

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel