With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

My feedback, disapointed

Postby Pickleman » Thu Mar 13, 2003 1:47 am

I'm disappointed :cry:
I can see the huge work to create this mod, but some things are not acceptable for me:

1. When you jump or strafe while running forward you slow down for a little time, and if you jump few times or strafe right-left quickly you completely stop walking forward. So the fastest way to kill a opponent is running strait forward even if he shoot you because strafe and jump completely slow down you.

2. The time between 2 shoots is too long. Reloading is a joke while using 2 guns. Difficult to explain, I don't have the felling of controlling the trigger, if I click quickly it fire at slow rate...

3. Often I?m near to the opponent, shoot right in the middle of the chess and miss it! It does really frustrate and when you know the time to reload...

Conclusion: I don't have the felling of controlling my player.

I play at Urban terror, a mature quake3 mod, I did not expect westernquake3 was playable as Urban terror, but it is not enough playable to me.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Pickleman
Newcomer

Postby evilash » Thu Mar 13, 2003 11:23 am

Hi,

well i also play q3ut and tried *g* q3tc045 but i think that the style in wq3 ist just different than other real-mods for q3. Maybe the velocity of the movement is just a replacement for the stamina-based movement like in q3ut. The velocity of reloading weapons is ok for me; think that such old guns couldnt be reloaded as fast as modern ones.

I noticed that a server filled up to 10 players is much more lagfree than a one with the same playerload in for instance q3ut.

There are some minor bugs, but i think they will be corrected *g*.

Cu at high noon,

evilash
evilash
Newcomer

Return to Feedback Forum

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel