With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

Postby Drakhon » Thu Apr 03, 2003 11:10 pm

There is no voice taunt. It's just a gesture. When you have a pistol your player will spin the pistol round his finger (you know that typical western move). While holding a rifle the player does another gesture, but that one is nothing special.

Just stand in front of each other equip your selves with a pistol, press you gesture key and enjoy :D
Drakhon
Iron Claw

Postby dolny » Thu Apr 03, 2003 11:20 pm

...as we already said, gesture doesn't work, we did that - we had a pistol/shotgun in hand standing face to face and we only heared a spinning pistol sound WITHOUT any animation...

[23:38] <dolny> gesture doesn't work, 3 persons checked it
[23:38] <DeadKennedy> yes i also noticed, it worked in the prebeta test version
Proud member of the HorseLovers clan.

Red Neckerson wrote:Oh and don't let dolny annoy you...he's a fanatic!
dolny
Gunslinger

Postby dolny » Fri Apr 04, 2003 1:20 am

Another nice idea : when you shoot somebody's dead body the bullet hits the ground instead of the body. You could fix it: bullets should hit the body like in SoF 2 for example :) I'm not talking about dissolving the parts of the body by shooting at corpse, I mean hitting the body and making bloodstains the same as for the player who is alive. It would be cool and realistic. You will be able to shoot at somebodys corpse after a duel :twisted:

dolny
Gunslinger

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:00 am

They are right. Spinning sound only. The animation is no longer working. :(
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby dolny » Fri Apr 04, 2003 10:05 am

The list of the most important changes/additions in my opinion:

- adding climbing (like in Urban Terror)
- improving opening/closing doors (i mean that you should be able to close already open doors for example on the br_durango map)
- shout messages
- fixing shooting at the dead corpse (so that it is hit instead of the ground it lies on)

- fixing gesture
- adding some better map borders on some levels (like El Paso)
- fixing some bugs
- healing your teammate on teamgames (you cannot heal yourself) but only a little - 30% hit points and you can buy/carry only 1 set of bandages at the time (one healing)

Less important things:
- better interaction: you should be able to destroy some things like chairs, tables
- maybe adding some map with pouring rain and puddles and a train map? with moving train (I've heard that there was some king of a train map in earlier versions)

I hope you'll add the things written with bold font - I will not leave home/my computer when you add them :lol:

dolny
Gunslinger

Postby ZAAN » Sat Apr 05, 2003 1:07 am

First of all.... every day I play that mod I convince myself it really rocks!! :)

I strongly agree with dolny in case of climbing, opening/closing the doors, shouting and bandaging.

I also noticed (don't know it's a bug) that connecting to any server for the first time, I mean on the begining of the game, takes me long time. Awaiting connection reaches 30 and more... so I put /reconnect and after some time I'm on the server.. Anybody knows what's going on?
ZAAN
Drifter

Postby dolny » Sat Apr 05, 2003 1:23 am

Thanks, let's just hope sp00n will read this thread :/

dolny
Gunslinger

Postby dolny » Sat Apr 05, 2003 6:02 pm

Heh...the PL server is quite popular :) We played 6 hours with little breaks ;) today and people kept coming. Anyway : http://www.wq3forum.prv.pl - polish WQ3 forum (still changing design and stuff but it works ok).

Greets,
[DP]*Lincoln*

dolny
Gunslinger

Postby s4nk3 » Tue Apr 08, 2003 3:41 am

i'm thinking about some changes..

when U shoot some1s arm his gun should fall off his hand... it would be great to disarm some1 :D
and i think that donly's changes would be great...
s4nk3
Newcomer

Previous

Return to Feedback Forum

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel