With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

Maps

Postby dolny » Tue Apr 01, 2003 1:01 am

Hey. My favourite bank robbery maps are (for now) : Cobber Canyon and Durango. I have been talking with some players today and we agreed that El Paso looks...crappy... because of the borders of the map - you reach the edge of the map which looks stupid - you should add some rocks as borders not a blank area with a bitmap... i hope you'll understand my post - the same thing is on Durango map where you have to run to the point where the map ends and you can also see blank area - it ruins this great map - I suggest adding a rock with a little cave - you have to run into it when you're a robber (and have the stolen money bag). Blank areas on the map edges are really not cool. I'm looking forward to the dev team response. Other players: what do you think?
dolny
Gunslinger

Postby Lixus » Tue Apr 01, 2003 11:35 am

hey, cool you like cobber canyon, since i made it... 8) 8) 8) 8)
one solution against those sharp map edges you can see in my map wq_tillian.. tell me how you like that way of avoiding the embarrasing moment when you realise the map is floating in the sky :wink:
=Lixus=
Lixus
Iron Claw

Postby dolny » Tue Apr 01, 2003 3:58 pm

Well...it's better than no border but I think that rocks, some buildings or something as borders would be MUCH MUCH MUCH better, and I really hope you'll add them to the levels. You can for example add a fence that you cannot pass, some clear space (like in your map) and then a rock, it's way much better than this ugly bitmap. The levels are really well designed but the (no) borders/bitmap is just awful on some of them.

PS. Still continuing my crusade, trying to set a server in Poland and advertise the game here ;)
Proud member of the HorseLovers clan.

Red Neckerson wrote:Oh and don't let dolny annoy you...he's a fanatic!
dolny
Gunslinger

Postby Drakhon » Tue Apr 01, 2003 5:23 pm

I think that one shouldn't suround every map with rocks or buildings. This is a western mod, and there often were just open spaces.
I understand that it's not cool to stand at the edge of a map and we should try to solve that. But there has to be another solution than putting rock walls everywhere.
Drakhon
Iron Claw

Postby dolny » Tue Apr 01, 2003 7:09 pm

DeadKennedy suggested for example some hills.
Proud member of the HorseLovers clan.

Red Neckerson wrote:Oh and don't let dolny annoy you...he's a fanatic!
dolny
Gunslinger

Return to Feedback Forum

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel