With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

Please support

Postby dolny » Thu Apr 03, 2003 2:11 pm

dgames.tkdami.net:27961 - new polish westernq3 server! :)

It has a bandtwith of 36mbit/s and it will be a stale server IF IT WILL BE POPULAR :( So... please try it, it will be configured today's afternoon or night but you can play on it also today on default config. The guy said that the life of the server will depend on it's popularity. He set the server for a month, if it won't be popular he will launch an UrT server instead of it :( So...if you have a nice ping there please play on our server so that the guy leaves it :)
Proud member of the HorseLovers clan.

Red Neckerson wrote:Oh and don't let dolny annoy you...he's a fanatic!
dolny
Gunslinger

Postby sig11 » Thu Apr 03, 2003 4:13 pm

;-) hehe, I guess it's the one that says "INSERT SERVER NAME HERE" right now ...

A tip : add bots. I have players on my server quite regularly, and I have bots.

BUT : since there is a bug in beta2.0 it is a bit tricky to start a server with bots. I cannot use bots in any teamplay type of game (not sure about duel) - that's why mine runs deathmatch only ;-) ... additioally, it usually takes 2 attempts to fire up the server without any errors.

Good luck !
sig11
SG Team

Postby dolny » Thu Apr 03, 2003 7:02 pm

I wouldn't join a server with bots, many players wouldn't. But there was a command in q3 console that kicked bots when the specified number of players joined - that was cool. Anyway: i will never add bots on the server. I'm waiting for rcon from the admin so i will be able to change the maps/settings and disable cdkey checking. Stay tuned ;)

dolny
Gunslinger

Postby sig11 » Thu Apr 03, 2003 7:32 pm

Yep, that command is bot_minplayers - and that's what I have on mine ;-) it is set to 4.

I think it is counterproductive, not to join a server with bots especially when the total number of online players is not very high. Think about it : you only see servers with bots, so you join a server w/o bots and since there are no players total you are alone. You stay there for like 5 minutes, then you get bored. You go offline, play maybe single player or another mod. Now when you are offline, the next player does the same.

Doh.

If you joined a server with bots, you would at least not be bored while waiting and maybe you stay long enough until the next player joins. In fact that's what I can observe on my server. Somebody will join, play a while, and eventually more real players join in.

If there are lots of servers with lots of players, yes, the situation is different.
sig11
SG Team

Postby dolny » Thu Apr 03, 2003 7:46 pm

If I get rcon on this server (well... i should... i showed the game to the person who sets the server) i will set bot_minplayers to 2...i think.

dolny
Gunslinger

Postby sig11 » Thu Apr 03, 2003 9:12 pm

Hey, the bot_minplayers is just my opinion :-) ....

Anyways, just be careful with the bots, especially via rcon. Then you can't see the error messages, that the server spits at you. But when you watch the bots, you'll see right away when something is screwed :-) ... kicking them won't help. You will have to restart the map - possibly without bots. But as far as I understood the mesages from the developers, this will be gone in beta 2.1
sig11
SG Team

Postby dolny » Thu Apr 03, 2003 9:17 pm

sig11 wrote:Hey, the bot_minplayers is just my opinion :-) ....

Heh :) I had this set on my Jedi Outcast server some time ago. Minplayers 2. Thanks for the warnings ;>

Well, there are already some polish file mirrors here http://www.westernq3.prv.pl : a trailer, quake3 patches for linux/winxx and western q3 beta 2.0. Now I send the admin server.cfg and waiting for him to apply it. The server will be called Daminet Radom.

Eh.. he just said that he will change the cfg tommorow, f***.

dolny
Gunslinger

Return to Feedback Forum

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel