With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

Hi, Good job, some suggestions

Postby cortlens » Mon Apr 28, 2003 9:34 am

The things I have the most trouble with

1.Alot of the models arn't so great, I am not trying to mean or anything I know making a model is pretty dificult but they really should be updated soon, especially the hands. I am turned off by the hands on the colt lightning where you can see right through the hands. I don't think spoon should take another 3 or 4 months to redo all the models but 4 or 5 modelers should work on it.

2.it lags pretty bad on alot of maps in alot of places, I mean fps lag due to high r_speeds. Adding a few large things that turn a huge open room into a large open room will greatly increase fps. Like a covered wagon in the middle of the street cutting it into two areas.

Over all I like it, to bad no one is ever playing =(
cortlens
Drifter

Postby cortlens » Wed Apr 30, 2003 3:46 am

Another thing I have notice is changing from one pistol to duel you fire a bullet sometimes. Also the menus are a bit sluggish is there anyway i can get ride of them all togehter?

Another thing is some of the maps are really, really heavy on fps, especially ones that have 10 buildings that all look the same all with 6 or 7 breakable windows. Those windows, and thier frames add alot of lag, and are not really nescesarry, pluss the window breaking looks nasty. If you removed 90% of the glass windows and thier frames the game would run much better. By frame I mean the window seal, and by window I mean the glass window, the transperrant entity my pc has to render. So windows with less polygons and no glass is what I am advocating.
cortlens
Drifter

Return to Feedback Forum

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel