With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

WCS?

Postby cortlens » Sun May 25, 2003 9:32 pm

Is this just a western version of counter strike? It really feels like it after playing for a while. The speed at which you move how you react to getting shot the buy menu etc etc. The diffrences I see are only cosmetic.

I feel moving is way to slow, if someone starts shooting at you you either kill them, die or loose alot of health. I think the gameplay would be alot better if your "cowboy" didn't move like Scarlet O'hara in her hoop skirt.

Also getting shot is exactly like in CS you you loose some health and stop moving for a bit. Why is it like that, I don't remember any western like that. The damage you take while getting shot is ok whats not ok is no bandaging, if you get shot in the armyou had better tie your bandana the wound. Although there is another game where you stop while taking damage, and don't have to bandage at all, but its nothing like a western.

Dual pistols instead of smgs, a gatling gun instead of a SAW cowboy hat, boiler plate for, well you get the idea. There is nothing wrong with this its just that the more I play the more I feel less like I am not in the old west, and more like I am playing CS. So maybe in future versions gameplay will be more like a western or more like the old west, or maybe you could add hostages and a kevlar vest.
cortlens
Drifter

Postby Drakhon » Mon May 26, 2003 12:16 pm

I don't think that wq3 is like CS. I would have never participated in a mod that is like CS. I hate CS. It just sucks.

I think wq3 plays a lot different than CS. You really can't compare akimbo pistols to SMGs and a gatling gun to a Saw. Except for the gatling gun we have no full automatic weapons. And the gatling gun is stationary.

Our boiler plate doesn't work like a kavlar vest either. The boiler plate absorbs some damage completely and thne is useless. A kevlar vest in CS let's some amount of damage pass.
Drakhon
Iron Claw

Return to Feedback Forum

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel