With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

Statement from the WQ? team?

Postby MisterX » Mon Oct 06, 2003 2:26 pm

Hi there,
it's really sad that noone is playing WQ? anymore. It was shown several times on TV (Giga Games in Germany) as one of the best Western Mods you can find, but still noone is playing it anymore. So I would like to hear an official statement from the WQ? team, if you got any ideas how to get more players, or if you won't work on WQ? anymore, if you got any future plans?
MisterX
Pistolero

Postby Drakhon » Sat Oct 11, 2003 1:56 pm

The only way to revive the mod would be an update. The problem is that we haven't heard from our coder in months. And without coder ... no update. I think you can figure out the rest for yourself... :evil:
Drakhon
Iron Claw

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sat Oct 11, 2003 5:25 pm

Keil wrote:
If the only thing holding you guys back is a coder, I would be interested in helping you fix any bugs you have. I've been coding for about 7 years and have quite a bit of experience with the Quake3 source.

Pasted from the following thread----> http://ici.planet-multiplayer.de/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=315&postdays=0&postorder=&highlight=&start=15
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Drakhon » Sat Oct 11, 2003 11:56 pm

I don't know much about that code stuff. So I don't know if Keil could do anything with the stuff that is already included in the beta 2 download.

Even if he could use it ... there is still our main problem. All the coding was done by Spoon, so it would be him to decide if someone else may change it.
And without contact to Spoon ... well, you see the problem.
Drakhon
Iron Claw

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sun Oct 12, 2003 3:35 am

I am surprised that ICI doesn't have Spoon's phone number or home address? :(
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby EvilFutsin » Sun Oct 12, 2003 9:19 am

Typically when it comes to mod development of this type, home address/phone number stuff isn't traded. So that's understandable.

To be honest, one thing you guys could at least do is fix up your animations and visual aesthetics. Reskin some stuff, reanimate, maybe remodel a bit. Doesn't need coding, but it helps. Sure, it'll only be a content-based release, but then call it Beta 2.01 or something like that.

Seriously, you guys can still do things with the mod minus a coder. :P
EvilFutsin
SG Team

Postby Drakhon » Sun Oct 12, 2003 10:34 am

Did I mention that Spoon did the coding, the animations, the modelling, and most of the skins?

I have only contact to our mappers, so the only thing we could do are some new maps. But I don't think that new maps would help much.
Drakhon
Iron Claw

Postby aquarius » Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:56 pm

Drakhon wrote:Did I mention that Spoon did the coding, the animations, the modelling, and most of the skins?

I guess he got frustrated because he put so much work into this mod and it didn't get the feedback he thought it deserves?!?!

I have only contact to our mappers, so the only thing we could do are some new maps. But I don't think that new maps would help much.

So what do you recommend to do? Let this mod die? I know what i would do: start playing this mod again. On this board several people are posting that they want to play, but when i tried to find people who are willing to play (beginning of summer) nobody answerd! so what's up guys?

Aquarius
aquarius
Shootist

Postby EvilFutsin » Sat Oct 18, 2003 1:56 am

Well, shit, then, if that's the case.

There is the solution of also starting over. I know that sounds like a huge decision (and believe me, it is), but if you can't contact Spoon after all this time, there's a chance you won't see him for even longer. (or he could show up tomorrow, you never know :P) If you seriously want to continue work on this mod, then you should just try to move on or start over without him. Make sure you give him proper credits, make a note to him that says, "we needed to keep going, and you weren't there" (be polite about it, too), that sorta thing, and just go for it.

Relying on others is something that I've sadly had trouble with myself, because hardly anybody ever shows the fuck up for my projects and the like sometimes. And I think if you're still serious about this mod and want it to live, you'll have to realize what I did - sometimes, you just gotta move on and keep at it without them, even if it means you gotta start from scratch.
EvilFutsin
SG Team

Postby Nevada Smith » Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm

Drakhon wrote:Did I mention that Spoon did the coding, the animations, the modelling, and most of the skins?

You should find Spoon using any means possible.

I just downloaded Western Quake3 and I think it is really great with tons of potential. The only qualm I have with it is that the player moves a tad too slow. It would be a real shame to let this nifty mod die.
Nevada Smith
Drifter

Return to Feedback Forum

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel