With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

Western Revenge - Western Quake

Postby schiette » Sat Mar 20, 2004 7:30 pm

Hi,

My name is Schiettecatte Pieter, and i'm one of the leaders of Western Revenge (WR). This is a half life 2 mod, and such as you guys, we want to create a real western atmosphere.

I checked your site, and i must say, excellent work. I'm wondering wether both teams could speak to eachother, to see if we can work together, exchange models and skins, maybe exchange some ideas, ...

You can contact me (Schiette) on

p_schiettecatte@hotmail.com (msn and mail)
quakenet #wrmod (irc)

Thnx in advance, and keep up the good work
schiette
Drifter

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sun Mar 21, 2004 6:12 am

The general consensus is that the developers of this mod have abandoned it. As you can see, the website has not been updated in over a year. Only a very few fans (like me) even hit these forums anymore. :? Good luck with your mod.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby schiette » Sun Mar 21, 2004 2:36 pm

Thnx...so even you don't know any msn/irc adresses of some people?
schiette
Drifter

Postby sig11 » Sun Mar 21, 2004 2:50 pm

I beleive the ones listed on http://westernq3.planet-multiplayer.de/ ... t&sub=team
are the only ones publicly known. Or the ones you get when you check the memberlist of this forum.
In-game name: =SG= Django (yes, it's cliché :-) )
sig11
SG Team

Postby aquarius » Sun Mar 21, 2004 6:44 pm

hl2? isn't that vaporware? :lol:
but seriously, has anyone every tried to contact the team to ask why they abandoned it? perhaps we should try and ask them to open source the project :)

aquarius
aquarius
Shootist

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sun Mar 21, 2004 11:05 pm

You can contact me (Schiette) on
p_schiettecatte@hotmail.com (msn and mail)
quakenet #wrmod (irc)

I visited your irc channel today and met Sai^Deadcell. He seemed like a nice fellow. I hope your mod is as good or even better that WQ3. :D If you do a good job, I'm sure it will be beautiful on the HL2 engine! 8O
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby schiette » Mon Mar 22, 2004 9:30 pm

Ofcource we will do a good job :) We have all the people we need (except 1 extra skinner and animator) and it will be a pure western mod. The first release won't take long after hl2 is released, and after that, we will continu to update it with new maps and new functies. Like western quake, and we'll try not to abandon it :p
schiette
Drifter

Postby Drakhon » Sun Apr 04, 2004 10:53 am

Only thing that would help you guys would be to contact Spoon. But don't even try the "@westernquake3.com" mail adress.
I got about 50 spam mails per day through that, so I just blocked it. I think the others have done the same.

Unfortunately I don't have another mail adress of Spoon, either.
Drakhon
Iron Claw

Postby schiette » Sun Oct 03, 2004 4:01 pm

Does somebody of the WesternQ3 crew still checks this forum? I really really want to talk to a crew member, caus I find 75% of the ideas of WesternQ3 very intersting and i want to bring them back in a new western mod on a new engine.

I think i need you guys approval to do this?

Contact me: p_schiettecatte@hotmail.com

btw: if you guys have great ideas for a western mod, contact me please
schiette
Drifter

Postby Nevada Smith » Sun Oct 03, 2004 10:43 pm

Hey schiette,

If you are still interested in creating a western mod for Half-Life 2, then you may want to read this mod proposal written by two skilled Half-Life modders:

http://www.cantinacloud.com/tengrandmod/

These two modders, Wazzit (wazzit@gmail.com) and Siglo, are actively searching for team members to create a western mod for Half-Life 2 entitled "The Man Worth Ten Grand." They might be interested in collaborating ideas or joining forces and creative energies with others like yourself.
Nevada Smith
Drifter

Postby schiette » Tue Oct 05, 2004 5:48 pm

I contacted them two weeks ago. They don't want to cooperate. I want to point out that Western Revenge (the mod i'm working on for the hl2 engine) is in production for over a year now and we have many tallented people.

So don't see the ten grand mod as the only Western mod. We have many features that will interest the Western game lover.

Give it a try when it's out :)
schiette
Drifter

Postby FistFullofDollars » Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:19 am

You might want to join us..... :lol:

http://dynamic5.gamespy.com/~wantedmod/saloon/

bring the whole team over with us........why 2 westerns for HL2? Let's make it one BIG one....... 8)
FistFullofDollars
Newcomer

Postby elpresidente » Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:22 am

FistFullofDollars wrote:You might want to join us..... :lol:

http://dynamic5.gamespy.com/~wantedmod/saloon/

bring the whole team over with us........why 2 westerns for HL2? Let's make it one BIG one....... 8)

I wouldn't mind seeing another western mod.
elpresidente
Pistolero

Postby LittleJon » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:59 am

hi guyz,
im the brother of spoon, if you really want to make contact with spoon, here is the email adress (it does work! im not care, but i think so ;) ):

Daniel.Hofmann@t-online.de (plz don't tell him, where did you get this adress :D lol)

no joke! im intrested to work to for WQ?, too. But im currently Beta Tester for an other WesternMod for Quake 4.

cya
LittleJon

p.s.: im very extended to see your work on western quake in the new beta version 2.1.
Last edited by LittleJon on Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LittleJon
Newcomer

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:43 am

LittleJon wrote:hi guyz,
im the brother of spoon,

no joke! im intrested to work to for WQ?, too. But im currently Beta Tester for an other WesternMod for Quake 4.

cya
LittleJon

p.s.: im very extended to see your work on western quake in the new beta version 2.1.

Welcome to the forum brother of Spoon! I hope you asked him if it's ok to post his email address here. Do you have a link for the new Q4 mod you speak of? I'd love to visit the website and look around. :D
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Return to Feedback Forum

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel