With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

Some suggestions to get more ppl playing WQ :)

Postby VanBuren » Sun Apr 11, 2004 6:12 pm

Hey guys, im not a active WQ player but i tested it and didnt like the game mods, i play Outlaws by Lucasart a old western shooter from -95.

However Outlaws is almost dead now, lack of patches and ppl want better graphic these days and so on.

The Outlaws players want a alternative now, many like CTF and tdm, dm gamemodes.

One more thing that might give WQ a boost in player numbers is to use Wolf Enemyterritory game engine instead of quake 3, ET is free and free is good for most ppl :)

Btw its a smooth engine with PB support aswell,
Source Code for Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory can be downloaded here :)

http://www.planetwolfenstein.com/files/files.shtml

Regards VanBuren
VanBuren
Newcomer

Some suggestions to get more ppl playing WQ :)

Postby aquarius » Sun Apr 11, 2004 6:51 pm

VanBuren wrote:Hey guys, im not a active WQ player but i tested it and didnt like the game mods, i play Outlaws by Lucasart a old western shooter from -95.

i'm curious, what didn't u like? i think bank robbery is a great gamemod. did u try it?

VanBuren wrote:One more thing that might give WQ a boost in player numbers is to use Wolf Enemyterritory game engine instead of quake 3, ET is free and free is good for most ppl :)

RTCW is based on the Q3A source code. i guess porting wouldn't be too complicated. but there a two main problems:
*) there is NO mac port because the company who portet RTCW to the mac doesn't want to port ET because there is no money involved
*) the guy who did all the coding for WQ3 isn't available and i guess he won't opensource the code.
aquarius
Shootist

Postby VanBuren » Sun Apr 11, 2004 7:12 pm

yea i tried all game modes :)

well how many using MAC anyway? a guess is less then 5%........

Well if no one who made western quake want to port it to ET engine, thats too bad, i really think this is the way to go....

Regards VanBuren
VanBuren
Newcomer

Postby sig11 » Mon Apr 12, 2004 1:50 pm

VanBuren wrote:
well how many using MAC anyway? a guess is less then 5%........

hehe ... aquarius himself is a Mac user ;-) ...

Otherwise I agree, ET has great potential as a possible Mod platform (UrbanTerror is moving to the ET platform).

But unless Spoon (the coder for WQ3) releases the code, it won't happen unless somebody starts frm scratch. However, some people showed interest in coding if WQ3 source was available.
In-game name: =SG= Django (yes, it's cliché :-) )
sig11
SG Team

Postby aquarius » Mon Apr 12, 2004 10:46 pm

yes UrT ist moving :( i already started to seek for a new mod. currently i'm waiting for the padman mod.
aquarius
Shootist

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sun Apr 18, 2004 4:43 pm

You could always get yourself a pc and play any games you want to. I'll never understand why a gamer would want a Mac when there are fewer games to play on it. :?
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Return to Feedback Forum

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel