With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

Re-Animation of WESTERN QUAKE 3

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:52 pm

Hi @ all...

A friend of mine told me about this old Quake III Modification WESTERN Q3, and then I remembered. I tried it a long time ago, but then, since not much was going on still, I didn?t payed so much attention to it anymore.

But now, I think, I will like it very much, again. 8)

On my Download Site I started to bring up the Mod again. I even plan to make a little Tournament in the nex time.

Take a look here:

www.act-of-war.de/aow/

I also set up a Server for WQ3.

217.20.117.151:27990

You can see the Server Status on our Team Website:

www.act-of-war.de/site/

If anyone is interested in trying to revive this Mod, please, contact me.

[AoW] Wolfs Eye
Last edited by Guest on Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:12 pm

Wow....thanks for doing this! :D
Your second link doesn't seem to work. To check the status of ALL wq3 servers visit http://www.bootblock.de/wq3/ :wink:
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:20 pm

fixed Link. !!!

;)

Wolfy

Postby SHS » Sun Feb 20, 2005 1:24 pm

Dear developers, can there is sense to carry mod on the game - Call of Duty? Base of the play alike 8) :D
SHS
Pistolero

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:56 am

MAybe port to ET Engine like with TRUE COMBAT: Elite & soon also URBAN TERROR.

A new Release of WESTERN QUAKE with an other Engine would be great, but to SHS?s Idea I would not recommend.

CALL OF DUTY is a nice game, of course it is, its Q3 :D Engine also, but I would prefer the ET Engine, because of the Models. I don?t like much thne Model Animation of CALL OF DUTY.

But no matter how, a re-worked WESTERN Mod would be great. ;) Until then you?re welcome to play on our new WQ3 Server. ;)

Wolfseye

Postby SHS » Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:53 pm

Thank you for invitation... but can not... (invalid pk3 files) :(
SHS
Pistolero

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:12 pm

My people and I have no problem, also yesterday there were some people on it. If you don?t have the FORT WEST Map, sometimes running on our Server, get it here ;)

If you still have a problem with that, it seems to be related on your Side.

Greets

Wolfseye :wink:

Postby SHS » Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:43 pm

Beside me Quake III - pirate :oops:
SHS
Pistolero

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:13 am

Wolfseye wrote:My people and I have no problem, also yesterday there were some people on it. If you don?t have the FORT WEST Map, sometimes running on our Server, get it here ;)

If you still have a problem with that, it seems to be related on your Side.

I would like to thank you for your services and for your efforts to revive this wonderful mod. 8)

However, I see some problems with Fort West.

First, the download you offer is not in the form of a .pk3 file which will be confusing and difficult to install for people without the proper knowledge. I'll assume you know what you are doing and this was just a mistake on your part. :wink: The proper form of the file is HERE. (If the page doesn't load try refresh.)

2nd, that map was designed for beta 1.2 so there is no money and I can't climb any ladders.
The map should really be reworked so that it is more compatible with beta 2.0
Additionally, although the readme states that there is no bot support, I was able to run bots in the map with no problem.
There are several good maps from beta 1.2 that I would like to see converted for this mod....if you know anyone that can do it. I have been trying, but I don't have much time for it.
See this thread if interested. I may be able to help.

For the possibility that wq3 might live on in a new game engine see this thread for some encouragement! 8O
Last edited by ReD NeCKersoN on Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:17 pm

Hi. ;)

There is one thing I have to tell you, whats not your fault, but it seems your windows seems to interpret the link wrong.

Take a look:

http://www.act-of-war.de/fortwest_download.jpg (with FIREFOX Browser)

http://www.act-of-war.de/fortwest_download_ie.jpg (with IE Browser)

As you can see, that happens when I press on download at this Map on my Website, it is a PK3 File. ;)

But thats just aside, that shit happens. I have that sometimes on other sites too, like other people also on some other sites. Depends on how your windows see?s the File Extension PK3. Because, as you well know, PK3 is nothing more than a renamed ZIP.

But that happens, but its sure not my site?s fault.

And for the rest, maybe FORT WEST is not fully working with Beta 2.0, but I am very experimentan in such things. We even played WQ3 with the classic QUAKE III Padmaps, just because its funny. Who care?s if not all is working, but we had fun. ;)

Thats my main concern, but I am ready to try to get WQ3 a little more popular, even maybe only in the visitors of my Website, but its a start.

Law from TRUE COMBAT told me that it was a very nice Idea that I try to do it. So let?s see what happens.

Greets

Wolfseye (Gerhard) ;)

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:19 am

Hmmmm. Here's what it looks like for me:

This is the first time I have ever seen a problem like this. 8O Very unusual. For anyone else who gets the file in zip format from act-of-war, do not unzip it! Rename the file to wq_fort_west.pk3 and put it into your westernq3 folder. If you get the file from the other link, you must unzip it. (The pk3 is inside.)
Last edited by ReD NeCKersoN on Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby dolny » Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:18 pm

GREAT! Ressurect this mod! :)
Proud member of the HorseLovers clan.

Red Neckerson wrote:Oh and don't let dolny annoy you...he's a fanatic!
dolny
Gunslinger

Postby Jaded-Fox » Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:55 am

Yes Please do. this mod is so awsome but for some reason never got its dues. Please bring it back. Ill be chilling in severs that are on ase. Lok me up.
Jaded-Fox
Newcomer

Postby BNT » Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:34 pm

if u wanna revive a western style game, u can look @ western revenge, its a western hl2 mod:

http://ici.planet-multiplayer.de/phpbb2 ... rn+revenge

http://www.westernrevenge.com
BNT
SG Team

Postby BNT » Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:42 pm

hey, IS THIS FORUM COMPLETELY DEAD? nobody sayd anything since 3/5 !!!!!!!!!!! :x
BNT
SG Team

Next

Return to Feedback Forum

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel