With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

Possible option for health pick ups

Postby spartacus » Sat May 25, 2002 12:13 pm

Hi folks,

I've spent the last 2 or 3 weeks putting together prefabed buildings sothat I can put a few maps together - Saloon, church/mission, stables etc etc.

This thought occured - I know from previous posts that health pick ups were left out on purpose for realism (fair enough) but how about a single spot, say a doctors office, where you could be healed? No compromise on realism (cowboys went to see docs too, or maybe barber/surgeons) and it would only need a small modification of the ent file. Also, poorly skilled players like me might last a little while longer.

SparTacuS :idea:
+-------------+
| SparTacuS |
| At The |
| ArenA |
+-------------+
spartacus
Drifter

Postby cortlens » Sat May 25, 2002 4:23 pm

Well, maybe, I don't think it would be good for gameplay though. I am sure the game would quickly turn into a battle to control the health regeneration spot. And anyhow it would take a long time in real life to heal someone, more time than the gun abttle itself, so I am gonna come out and say that I don't think this idea would go well in a game like WQ3. Thats just me, who knows what the team thinks.
cortlens
Drifter

Postby Drakhon » Sat May 25, 2002 5:00 pm

Well you answered your question self. Such a healing station wouldn't be very good regarding gameplay. There would be healing-station-campers and so on. I thinks it's best if you keep our system as it is now (no healing).
Drakhon
Iron Claw

Postby General Tso » Sun May 26, 2002 5:45 am

Drakhon,

Has the issue of bandaging (like is done with Urban Terror) ever come up?

That's a decent comprimise between relaism and keeping people in the game a little longer from what I've seen.

I can't recall ever discussing it with the team though.
General Tso
Iron Claw

Postby Drakhon » Sun May 26, 2002 12:28 pm

I think we discussed bandaging on irc sometime ago. Generally we were against bandaging, because normally it only stops bleeding, and since we have no bleeding system in wq3 we don't need bandaging either.
I'm no fan of a bleeding system. Imagine you were in a fight and got shot, you killed the enemy but are down to about 20 hit points. Now there is another enemy who starts shooting at you. You are bleeding and have two choices, either you bandage and will most likely be killed by the enemy who is shooting at you, or you fight him and perhaps you manage to kill him but then you die because you were still bleeding and had no time to bandage.
I hate something like that.
Drakhon
Iron Claw

Postby General Tso » Sun May 26, 2002 3:29 pm

Gotcha, point taken.
General Tso
Iron Claw

Bandaging..

Postby =[TxP]= NiXoN » Sun Sep 22, 2002 10:17 am

First of all: Urban Terror sucks! It's a game for campers and headshot aimbots! Whenever i used the bandaging feature, sneaky standing in an alley, there was most of the time someone who found and shot me before i even was finished bandaging.. And yes, it only stops the bleeding and since there is no bloodfeature in western, bla bla bla.. :wink:

=[TxP]= NiXoN
Leader of The Ex Presidents
The Ex Presidents™ - Peace by Superior Firepower!~
=[TxP]= NiXoN
Drifter

Postby General Tso » Mon Sep 23, 2002 10:39 pm

I really like Urban Terror :). It's probably my favorite mod although I haven't played in a while now (Medal of Honor Allied Assault has been sucking up most of my FPS time lately).

Admittedly though I played almost solely on a LAN with my buddies so cheating wasn't an issue and you could always walk over and bitch slap any campers :D.
General Tso
Iron Claw

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Tue Sep 24, 2002 12:42 am

Same here, General. I usually only play Urban Terror with good friends on a private server that I run, or at LAN parties. It's great to know that there's absolutely no cheating going on. :wink:
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Shalashaska » Sun Mar 16, 2003 8:09 am

i think bleeding would be cool in this game
but only if

a) it didnt take away too much health unless you got shot in the neck or something
b) everytime u bandage u use up a bandage. you always start with one and can buy more for like 5$ each
Shalashaska
Drifter

Postby newbified » Sun Mar 16, 2003 8:23 am

If you don't want a doctors office, or something along those lines, maybe you could put items for purchase in the misc. section? Because myself coming for q2...I have a hard time adjusting sometimes to the fact that if I get shot, I'm staying that low until I die. But say if you put bandages, or something else...I know in Gunslinger they used Laudanum as the item which gave you 100 health, and where as I don't suggest you put something like that into the game, maybe just items you can purchase like 5 of that heal 10 hp's per use? Iono...I'm probably just talking out of my ass when I say all this...so don't pay any heed to it if you don't want :D.
lau?da?num ( P ) Pronunciation Key (l?dn-m)
n.
A tincture of opium, formerly used as a drug.
newbified
Drifter

Postby Shalashaska » Sun Mar 16, 2003 9:17 am

another thing to add - bandaging or healing yourself should take like a second or two, and you shouldnt be able to shoot, instead of it being instant which would ruin the semi-realistic feel
Shalashaska
Drifter

Postby Metallica_Band » Sun May 25, 2003 7:48 am

Here's MY idea...NO BANDAGING and NO HEALTH KITS/STATIONS...BUT...you have something like what StarCrafts terrains use...Stim Packs...now SC's stimpack make the marines shoot/move faster but at the cost of health...reverse it...maybe have something that heals you a LITTLE bit to enough to survive at least one more 1 on 1 shootout...BUT...at the cost of accuracy?? maybe it would make u dizzy whatever it is u used...maybe it made u slow down a little bit...just some ideas...gimme some feedback on this idea...THANX
C'YA ?:-D
Metallica_Band
Drifter

Postby EvilFutsin » Sun May 25, 2003 10:02 am

That's actually an interesting idea, there, Metallica. Like giving yourself morphine....did they even HAVE morphine back then? o_O
EvilFutsin
SG Team

Return to Feedback Forum

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel