With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

Pale Rider

Postby ChainLightnin' » Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:19 am

1858 Remington! You can still get em', and spare cylinders!
ChainLightnin'
Gunslinger

Postby DeUgli » Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:22 am

Where else on the Web can you find a thread that is a simultaneous discussion of CAD programs and antique pistols?!

The only time I ever fired a black powder revolver, I was lucky not to lose my hand, because the spark jumped from the chamber aligned with the barrel to the next chamber over, firing two rounds at once. Fortunately, the second bullet somehow cleared the gun.
DeUgli
Smokin' Amigo!

cad n' blackpowder

Postby ChainLightnin' » Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:51 am

Ah, but have you ever caught a fly in your gun barrel? Yah, you had a "chainfire". "..which was a failin' common to that model." (ok, where's that from). They used to put grease over the chambers so that wouldn't happen. GTK Radiant, however, does look a bit daunting at first view! Looks Fun, though. :)
Chain
ChainLightnin'
Gunslinger

Postby Dadamungo » Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:33 am

ha! I had high hopes of trying to get into the CAD field at a place much closer to home but apparently they do not consider programming a qualification :( lol.

on another note, I used to go shoot pistols with my Dad, a retired homicide/burglary investigator. He would tell me stories about how fast they had to load their revolvers to qualify, was DAMN fast. I quietly questioned it a bit until the day when I took about 3 minutes to shoot off 6 shots and he took about 3 seconds... all of his were dead on... :D
Dadamungo
Shootist

quick

Postby ChainLightnin' » Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:51 am

Man, your dad might have been the fastest gun in the west, if he could go back to those times! Even out in Montana they know what programmers are. Seattle uses gobs of them.
Chain
Well...Mr. Chain Blue Lightnin' hisself..heh, heh!
ChainLightnin'
Gunslinger

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Fri May 25, 2007 6:29 am

EDIT: post moved.
Last edited by ReD NeCKersoN on Fri May 25, 2007 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Clintstone » Fri May 25, 2007 9:02 pm

Sorry if I am wrong, but that sounds like this one:

Other thread

I've had the same problem and the feeling that it had something to do with sound aswell. I don't know what I did, but it works again on my PC and it was definitly not correlated to WLAN, as I got LAN. :| Ah, well, sure I know what I did: I reinstalled my whole computer... :?
Well, I think it was not too much help, but maybe the other thread somehow helps you - and at least I supported your theory :wink:

Good luck!

Clintstone
Clintstone
Quick Draw

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Fri May 25, 2007 9:20 pm

Thanks for the link. The search function on the forum seems to be a little buggy for me. I'll post over there.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Dadamungo » Sun May 27, 2007 1:13 am

ReD NeCKersoN wrote:Ever watch Pale Rider? Very cool how Clint had the "quick-loader" cylinder swap for his black powder pistols. 8O

That was cool. Not the same but my dad used to practice for qualifying for his job with a revolver and speed loaders. They had a very short time to load a bunch of times, impressive stuff when they would do it and still hit near a bullseye every time
Dadamungo
Shootist

Previous

Return to Feedback Forum

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel