With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
WQ3 pre B2.1 archive. Links may not work.

Wq_train, invisibility

Postby M.R. » Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:52 am

on one my personal favorite maps, Wq_train, i have encountered a bug where bots disapear in the gaps between cars. it is very odd, and it may be a graphics issue. or maybe a bug.
M.R.
Drifter

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sat Jul 23, 2005 4:03 am

And this is on the test server with the patch installed?
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby M.R. » Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:18 am

i did see you vauqely dissapear once in WQ_train, i'll have to play with bots some to see if it still happens . it only happens when bots or players are relatively close.
M.R.
Drifter

Postby torhu » Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:29 am

We have a report of this happening on train in b2.0 when watching bots in free spectator mode. So it seems it's not new. We need to find out if it is rare enough that it doesn't matter much.
In game: =SG=monSter
Monster Browser
torhu
SG Team

Postby M.R. » Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:34 am

it is very rare and it seems like it will be impossible to fix.
M.R.
Drifter

Postby sig11 » Sat Jul 23, 2005 2:00 pm

We should also note for which models/skins it is happening. It may be a bug in the models/skin files. I can certainly report it for Oakley. And AFAICS it's easiest reproduced on wq_train.
In-game name: =SG= Django (yes, it's cliché :-) )
sig11
SG Team

Postby Breli » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:50 am

Hi,

Same issue: Oakley in wq_mine (100% sure) and Oakley in wq_fort (99%)

Hopefully it helps to localize the problem. Probably the Oakely model.

cheers

breli
Breli
SG Team

Postby sig11 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:08 pm

Don't focus on Oakley, alone. I saw it as well with Jane and Unknown (the dark Clint). However, I don't think I saw it with Clint (not sure yet, though). These are the 4 I followed extensively on wq_train.
In-game name: =SG= Django (yes, it's cliché :-) )
sig11
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:51 am

This is something that we've known about for a few weeks prior to this thread. It happens on many maps but wq_train seems to cause it more frequently. My port of wq_train has a lot of bot_donotenter brushes on it to keep them from jumping off the train so much...but I have seen the invisibility bug happen on other maps where I know there are no such brushes. I'm afraid I can't give any clues as to why this happens so much on train. Very strange. :?
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Breli » Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:41 am

Hi fellas,

The problem affects human players as well. I just played a round with a friend on wq_train. He was invisible several times (model ManWithNoName). I saw him disappear and reappear. Sometimes he was invisible only for a fraction of a second, sometimes it lastet longer.

We can exclude the code for bot movement. That isn't the problem.

Additionally, I am quite sure that it is related with the doors that are closing automatically. If they close while a player is still in the door something seems to screw up. That also explains why this problem is frequently seen on wq_train and rather rare on other maps. Probably some players can get together on wq_train and test this a bit.

cheers

Breli

P.S: I posted here in case others have something to contribute to this
Breli
SG Team

Return to WQ3 Beta 2.1 Testing

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel