With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
WQ3 pre B2.1 archive. Links may not work.

Gatling cloning error.

Postby jakmanjak » Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:45 am

I was playing around with Shadoku when I noticed that it's possible to clone the gataling gun.

Alittle while ago Shadoku noticed that he could weild the gataling gun, and another gun at the same time.

The steps to doing this is simple.
1. Get a gataling gun.
2. Place it on the ground and walk away from it.
3. Highlight the weapon of your choice in your inventory, and walk up to the gataling gun.
4. While still having the weapon you want to weild highlighted, press the use key on that gat. to resume use.
5. Press fire 1 and you should draw your second gun out.

If done properly, you should now be aiming the gat around while in a normal view with your other gun out.

We played around with this a bit, till I got the idea to try another gat at the same time. I did the normal steps to dual weild the gun, but nothing seemed to happen. Then I steped away...but the gat was still in my inventory.

To makes things simple here are the steps to achive this:
1. Follow the steps for weilding a second gun, but with a gat.
2. Try firing a few times, then step away from the gat.
3. You should still have a gat in your inventory. To place it, select any weapon other then the gat, then select the gat again.
4. You should now be able to place it. Repeat step 3 to clone another gat.

I tried this with the patch, on a server I hosted (I can't join servers).
jakmanjak
Drifter

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:27 am

Troubling bug indeed. Thanks for posting the procedure to reproduce this. Hopefully, Torhu will have a look at this upon his return from vacation.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

hmm-

Postby Aerasol » Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:55 am

well- to update this post with my own knowledge- i tried reproducing this bug (to see if it could... come in handy against those of public forum status..)- i found u could indeed use upto 3 weapons at the same time (2 pistols plus gat) and that all that gat+other weapon stuff worked- however, when it came to duping (aka duplicating) the gat- i found that when highlighting the gat in my inventory then going up to the other tripod gat and "using" it- then 1st firing it- that i could not use the second gat which i highlighted during the dupe process- i could only throw it and pick it up... and throw it some more- and whenever i went up to the tripod gat- it would automaticly spawn a new duped gat in my hands... and the newly duped one wouldn't work either... so- i did this 1 or 2 times more- and found that i could in fact dupe a gat as many times as i wanted- having to drop each one in between dupes cause they appear absolutely useless and take up space in my arms
Aerasol
Pistolero

Postby torhu » Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:24 am

I have fixed the bug that lets you have pistols up when using the gatling. Still working on the duplication thing.
In game: =SG=monSter
Monster Browser
torhu
SG Team

Postby torhu » Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:56 am

Ok, think I got it all now. Let me know if there's something I forgot. :)

Code: Select all
- can no longer use both gatling and pistols at the same time
- can't duplicate gatlings anymore
- when using a deployed gatling when already carrying a gatling, the
   carried gat will have bullets, and will also be instantly deployable
   when you let go of the previously deployed one
- will now always autoselect another weapon when letting go of a deployed
   gatling
Monster Browser
torhu
SG Team

Postby Breli » Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:42 am

Hi torhu,

There is an additional "problem" with the gat. Although, it has nothing to do with the cloning error, I post it here rather than opening a new thread. Its not a big deal, but since you're now so familar with the gat-code you can probably take a look :D

If you want to deploy the gat on a patch surface of the game world you "fall" through the surface. That has been described as the br_farm bug in the ICI forum. Thus, you stand "under" the surface, nobody can see or shoot you but you can see and shoot all the others ;). There must be a flaw in the deploying code. Probably the code can't figure out a position for the gat since the surface is round.

Steps to reproduce the bug:
- start br_farm and get a gat
- try to deploy the gat on the round "hill" in the backyard close to the stack of wood
- if it says "ground is not flat enough" move a little upward
- deploy the gat

Breli
Breli
SG Team

Postby torhu » Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:47 pm

I can have a look.
Monster Browser
torhu
SG Team

Return to WQ3 Beta 2.1 Testing