With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
WQ3 pre B2.1 archive. Links may not work.

[Bug] Buy two items at the same time

Postby aquarius » Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:41 am

Summary: Buy two items at the same time
Version: WQ3 beta2.0 testpatch 10

Description: Sometime you would like to buy two items at the same time. For example when you want to buy two Colt Peacemaker. The buy menu doesn't allow this unless you move the cursor away from the current buy item.
It could be that this was done on purpose to prevent accidental double-clicking!?
aquarius
Shootist

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:45 pm

That's something that always irritated me too. I suppose it would suck worse to buy 2 of the same item by mistake though. Might cause more trouble than it's worth to change it.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby aquarius » Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:57 pm

ReD NeCKersoN wrote:That's something that always irritated me too. I suppose it would suck worse to buy 2 of the same item by mistake though. Might cause more trouble than it's worth to change it.

I think it might be worth trying. There aren't many items you can buy more than one time.
aquarius
Shootist

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:42 pm

Ultimately, it's up to our coder to see how much trouble it is. Heh, torhu's got quite a bit to look at when he gets back from vacation. 8O Naturally the bugs will be at the top of his list.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Re: [Bug] Buy two items at the same time

Postby El vAkonD » Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:14 pm

aquarius wrote:Summary: Buy two items at the same time
Version: WQ3 beta2.0 testpatch 10

Description: Sometime you would like to buy two items at the same time. For example when you want to buy two Colt Peacemaker. The buy menu doesn't allow this unless you move the cursor away from the current buy item.
It could be that this was done on purpose to prevent accidental double-clicking!?

Are you sure you've seen this in testpatch10? I know it exists in the original wq3 beta2, but i've tried to reproduce it in the testpatch10, and I couldnt make it.
El vAkonD
SG Team

Re: [Bug] Buy two items at the same time

Postby aquarius » Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:44 pm

El vAkonD wrote:Are you sure you've seen this in testpatch10? I know it exists in the original wq3 beta2, but i've tried to reproduce it in the testpatch10, and I couldnt make it.

Interesting. I just played on the test server. I wasn't able to reproduce the effect with knives, but I was able to reproduce it with the peacekeeper. So this seems to be a bug in the peacekeeper or pistol buying code.
aquarius
Shootist

Postby Breli » Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:55 am

Hi,

This is particularly annoying if you want to buy ammo. I have to exit and reenter the buy menu for each clip I want to buy. In case of of primary ammo and a ammo belt, that's really irritating. Occasionally, I want to buy different items (say knives and ammo) during one visit at the shop. That doesn't work, too.

Or is this a problem with "my" WQ?

breli
Breli
SG Team

Postby aquarius » Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:58 pm

breli wrote:Hi,

This is particularly annoying if you want to buy ammo. I have to exit and reenter the buy menu for each clip I want to buy. In case of of primary ammo and a ammo belt, that's really irritating. Occasionally, I want to buy different items (say knives and ammo) during one visit at the shop. That doesn't work, too.

Or is this a problem with "my" WQ?

breli

You don't need to exit the buy menu. Just move the cursor over an other item you can buy (don't click) and move it back to the item you want to buy. This is just a workaround. I'd like to see the doubleclick.
aquarius
Shootist

well-

Postby Aerasol » Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:06 am

well- i have noticed this problem ever since i started playing q3a- and thought it was totally random (lol- i really didn't care enough about it to see if it had an m.o.)- and have notived that sometimes all it requires is a mouse movement away from the item u want to select- and sometimes it requires an entire exit from the buy menu- varies-
Aerasol
Pistolero

Postby torhu » Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:00 am

Ouch, not another bug! :(

But guys, it's a lot faster to just buy with the keyboard instead of the mouse. Press B 1 3 B 1 3 to buy two peacemakers fast as lightning. :mrgreen:
In game: =SG=monSter
Monster Browser
torhu
SG Team

Return to WQ3 Beta 2.1 Testing

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel