With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
WQ3 pre B2.1 archive. Links may not work.

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:10 am

A long time ago, I used to play q3 and wq3 in vertex mode to gain frames per second. (Pentium2 @ 400mhz, 16mb VooDoo Banshee, 64mb ram) It was obviously not as pretty but I did what I had too for the fps advantage. Heh, I even remember posting about a vertex bug affecting the console back when there was a 2.0 beta tester section here. (Remember that Spoon? :o ) This may sound like a bad attitude, but the only way to get beyond vertex mode is to upgrade your pc. If you can't (or won't) upgrade then you just have to do what you can and accept the visual penalty. This is a very old engine by today's standards and even a mediocre pc should be able to play in lightmap mode. I commend you for trying to cater to the vertex players here but you can only do so much. Vertex lighting will always be vertex lighting. It's just a fact of life. :?
Actually, playing in vertex can actually be an advantage for multiplayer since everything is bright and there are no shadows. It's just ugly for the most part. In short, I wouldn't beat myself up over this too much.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Previous

Return to WQ3 Beta 2.1 Testing

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel