With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
WQ3 pre B2.1 archive. Links may not work.

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:42 am

I discovered that putting colored text on your phong texture (like I did several posts ago in green) will cause particles to be the same color as the text! So, when I would shoot the cliff the particles were green. 8O To fix this all I did was open the original texture in a photo editor and save a copy with the correct _phong name. DON'T PUT WORDS ON THE TEXTURE! :lol:
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Q3map2 texture alignment

Postby Breli » Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:23 am

Hi fellas,

It occured to me that Q3Map2 aligns textures differently than q2map. Textures are now aligned as they are shown in the editor. Thus, Radiant is now WYSIWYG. This is much better than the annoying texture alignment in q3map (particularly doors, compare thread in the editor's forum).

I haven't tested this in every detail yet. But I get different results if I compile my map with both versions.

cheers

breli
Breli
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:08 am

I'm having trouble finding any bugs in El Vakond's version. If there are no bugs to report, maybe El should make a final version we can release to the public? (Take out the "test version" text of the compile stages.) Maybe we could release it at the same time as our first patch?
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby L3th4l » Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:04 am

The only problem I have with his version is the water not working right on every other compile. With the original it works every time.. Might be something I have to change in the shader, i'm still looking into it.. Other than that, it's perfect :D
L3th4l
Smokin' Amigo!

Phong Shading

Postby Breli » Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:14 pm

Hi,

I have some strange effects with phong shading:

http://img354.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... ing7lu.jpg

I tried several shadeangles from 25 up to 150. I always got that ugly black spot on the wall (it gets less distinctive at lower angles). The brushwork is "normal", just basic stuff and definitely nothing special ...

Hmm. Any ideas?

cheers

breli
Breli
SG Team

Postby L3th4l » Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:05 pm

Looks as though something is casting a shadow there. I would have to look at your .map. Do you have everything caulked except the face that you can see. A texture where caulk should be can make shadows where you don't want them..
L3th4l
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:25 am

You probably already thought of this but make sure your cliff templates are not inside your map. Another possibility touches on what Lethal is saying about strange angles. Ugly shsdows in my project are common until I do a full light compile. Everything looks normal after that.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Breli » Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:31 pm

L3th4l wrote:The only problem I have with his version is the water not working right on every other compile. With the original it works every time.. Might be something I have to change in the shader, i'm still looking into it.. Other than that, it's perfect :D

Hi L3th4l,

I have the same problem. At first I thought it is a problem if there are adjacent water brushes, but now I have the same issue with a single water brush :(

Have you figured out a solution in the meanwhile?

BTW: If you don't mind, I want to "borrow" your shader and your water texture for testing. Looks much better than mine ;)

Edit: BTW: You're right, the ugly shadow was cast by a template that was hidden in my brushwork ... I am jusing a different rockmaking techique now anyway , so there is no need for templates anymore

cheers

breli
Breli
SG Team

Postby L3th4l » Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:30 pm

Nope, no solution yet.. The only thing that I have noticed is when you first create the water brushes they all work, any compile after that half of them break.. I'm just going to redo the water brush just before my last compile .

Yes you can use my water texture and shader. I will upload them to the FTP and send you a link in your PM. I redid the water texture a little, made it a little less blue...
L3th4l
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:32 pm

I made a quick swimming pool to see if I have the same problems you guys do. I only tried this with a single water brush but I had no problems.

I think you need to bury the brush inside of other brushes.
Last edited by ReD NeCKersoN on Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Breli » Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:14 am

Hi L3th4l,

L3th4l wrote:The only thing that I have noticed is when you first create the water brushes they all work, any compile after that half of them break..

I tried that but still one water brush was screwed. I have two water brushes that are "buried" in normal brushes (one for the river and one for the small lake) ...

We'll figure that out.

cheers

Breli
Breli
SG Team

Previous

Return to WQ3 Beta 2.1 Testing

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel