With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
WQ3 pre B2.1 archive. Links may not work.

New fixes and changes that need feedback

Postby El vAkonD » Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:12 pm

Hi!

I've fixed some small bugs and made one or two new changes in the code, but I need some feedback. Do you like the changes too, so can we integrate it in a laterpatch or can't? Although I hope the fixes aren't very questionable.

Here is the list:
- Fixed the dynamite knockback, through some lazy coding it knocked the player back less than the Remington shotgun. From now the player will fly 8x further.
- Fixed the boilerplate refreshing bug, as I mentioned it somewhere in the test forum..
- Added a new consolecommand. It's called "lastusedweapon". If you bind it to a button(fi.: q), you'll able to change between your active and last used weapon. It's very useful, same like in counterstrike.
- Added a new death camera. If somebody kills you, your view'll be centered on your killer to show where have the shot came from. If you blow yourself up, or just fall down and die, you'll see the old death animation. I've made this, because I hated to not know who killed me in bank robbery. :P
- Added a small code portion to make the dynamite which the player hold in his hand shootable. So if you want to blow up somebody, just shoot the dyn. in his right hand and smile. 8)

That's all for today, pls don't spare me, tell me your opinion. I really hope others will also like the changes not just me. :roll:

And if you've got an idea about the game (any new modifications that can make the game better), please tell me.
El vAkonD
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:16 am

Hmm, some good ideas but I would like to see them in action. Torhu should be back in about 7 days but I know for a fact that he has been wanting some help with the coding. You seem to fit the bill with all of the freelance work you've been doing for us lately. :) Your code will certainly be added once Torhu returns for testing, or perhaps much sooner but I need to check something first.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby torhu » Sun Aug 21, 2005 4:19 am

Seems you've been busy! It's great to get some help with the coding. But we can talk about that when I return from my vacation in 3-4 days. :)

About your changes: I think most of it looks good, will be easier to tell after testing. But I'm not sure about the killer cam. I think you can turn off free spectator mode in BR in order to stop cheating through teamspeak, so I think this feature would also have to be turned off simultaneously. Can't remember what the cvar is called. I'm sure other people here have opinions about this.
In game: =SG=monSter
Monster Browser
torhu
SG Team

Postby El vAkonD » Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:24 am

torhu wrote:But I'm not sure about the killer cam. I think you can turn off free spectator mode in BR in order to stop cheating through teamspeak, so I think this feature would also have to be turned off simultaneously. Can't remember what the cvar is called. I'm sure other people here have opinions about this.

Ok, I've found this cvar, it's called g_chaseonly. If it's on you can only spect in chase mode. But i don't know why is the deathcam dangerous when you can spect in chase mode and whisper what you see to the others through teamspeak. Anyway, of course It can be modified easily, if needed.
El vAkonD
SG Team

Postby torhu » Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:23 am

I agree that the killcam isn't that much worse when it comes to cheating than the chasecam mode. I was really thinking about the the possibility that we might add something like g_followOnly in the future, limiting the spectating to first person in BR/RTP. So the killcam code should be prepared for something like that. In more serious competition or ladder play I imagine that is what people would want, given how easy it is to cheat through teamspeak.

I don't think g_chaseonly is very useful anyway, since it doesn't give real protection against cheating. So maybe it doesn't matter much if g_chaseonly doesn't disable the killcam. Just do what you think is right.
Monster Browser
torhu
SG Team

Postby El vAkonD » Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:19 pm

Ehh. I had to remove last used weapon from the code, and I don't want to put it back. I deleted the whole thing.. Why? It's a long story and I think nobody want to know that. If somebody would miss it badly, I'm sure that torhu could make it again.
sorry for this.
:oops: :cry:
El vAkonD
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:25 am

The same thing could probably be achieved with a cfg bind anyway. :wink:
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby El vAkonD » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:36 am

ReD NeCKersoN wrote:The same thing could probably be achieved with a cfg bind anyway. :wink:

I don't think so, you can only bind a weapon .. or each, but it's not the same. But yeah, it wouldn't make too much sense anyway.
El vAkonD
SG Team

Postby torhu » Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:22 am

I don't care much about the weapon changing, it's all part of the game. But I admit that I sometimes wish there was an easier way to switch to akimbos when you're really in a hurry... But it's probably best if we concentrate on the bugs for now anyway.
Monster Browser
torhu
SG Team

Return to WQ3 Beta 2.1 Testing

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel