With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
WQ3 pre B2.1 archive. Links may not work.

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:53 am

I saw this in action tonight with Torhu. Loks really good and pops up instantly when you aim at a team member. We need to think of a better name for it in the guid though. "Extra friend warning" sounds weird. :lol:
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby L3th4l » Sun Sep 11, 2005 3:22 pm

"Allie Indication Crosshair"

"Team Indication Crosshair"
L3th4l
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby torhu » Sun Sep 11, 2005 3:40 pm

Yeah, but the problem is that this is in addition to the crosshair turning green. So if you turn this new feature off, you will still have the crosshair turning green. So you'd still have a "Team Indication Crosshair" feature.
In game: =SG=monSter
Monster Browser
torhu
SG Team

Postby Breli » Sun Sep 11, 2005 3:57 pm

Well it should be named "Extra Team Indication Crosshair" then.

That feature is great. I have gunned down and blown up my fellow teammates on several occasions (kind of embarrassing!) :D So, in my case, the whole screen should probably turn black when aiming at my fellow bank robbers ... :D

cheers

breli
Breli
SG Team

Postby L3th4l » Sun Sep 11, 2005 4:28 pm

Improved Team Indication Crosshair.

On a side note. I am color blind to certain greens and yellows. I never even noticed it changed color.

Id say get rid of the green all together and just have the new one. Let people toggle that off if it bothers them. That subtle green is worthless IMO.
L3th4l
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sun Sep 11, 2005 4:58 pm

L3th4l wrote:Id say get rid of the green all together and just have the new one. Let people toggle that off if it bothers them. That subtle green is worthless IMO.

Well, it certainly is worthless now that the red x covers it for the most part. So yeah, it wouldn't hurt anything to just get rid of the green. With that gone we could simply call it Teammate Indicator.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby torhu » Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:01 am

Well, I'm not sure I want to remove the green yet, since it works just fine for me. We can see how it works out in the next test patch first. I guess we should enable it by default, right?
Monster Browser
torhu
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:15 am

torhu wrote:I guess we should enable it by default, right?

Most definately. New players will need it.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby torhu » Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:30 pm

How about "Show Red X for Teammates"? Does that make sense? "Red X Means Teammate"? "Indicate Teammates With Red X"?

As long as this is on by default, I figure people will know what it means when they see it in options.

EDIT: I like the last one, btw.
Monster Browser
torhu
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:46 am

I think most players would be smart enough to figure it out. Your naming idea would be good for children though. :lol: Teammate Indicator, or something just as short, would be better imo.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby torhu » Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:53 pm

Now the text is "Team Indication Crosshair". And the green color is not used anymore, you get the red X or nothing. The Sharps scope also turns red now, instead of green. So you can play with no teammate indication if you want to, but there's nothing in between.
Monster Browser
torhu
SG Team

Previous

Return to WQ3 Beta 2.1 Testing

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel