With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
WQ3 pre B2.1 archive. Links may not work.

[Issue?] Bots get kicked after round in Single Player

Postby Breli » Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:51 am

Hi,

When playing in Single Player mode with the patch the bots get kicked after the round is over. This doesn't happen without the patch. Its not a really a big problem or bug, just kind of annoying when you want to play some rounds and/or test things ...

I don't know whether this is intentional. I guess it has something to do with the problems of bots in multiplayer games? If it is intentional delete this post and I'll be fine ;)

cheers

Breli
Breli
SG Team

Postby torhu » Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:46 pm

What gametype was it?

can disable bots only in BR, RTP and duel trough bot_noRTP, bot_noBR cvars, and bot_noDuel cvars

If you have those cvars on, the bots will be kicked when a round starts. Also, bot_minplayers won't work.

I was wondering if having those on by default would confuse someone, so I thought maybe I should have them off by default, and enable them in the default server.cfg instead. The point is to allow servers to have bot_minplayers > 0 and callvote enabled, without getting bots in the gametypes your normally don't want them in.

If this happens in FFA or TDM, it's a bug.
In game: =SG=monSter
Monster Browser
torhu
SG Team

Postby Breli » Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:39 pm

Hi,

It was a br round. But I guess it happens in all team based rounds. I don't really understand what you are trying to tell me here :D

If you have those cvars on, the bots will be kicked when a round starts. Also, bot_minplayers won't work.

I was wondering if having those on by default would confuse someone, so I thought maybe I should have them off by default, and enable them in the default server.cfg instead. The point is to allow servers to have bot_minplayers > 0 and callvote enabled, without getting bots in the gametypes your normally don't want them in.

cvars are configured in the wqconfig something files, right? Well, I didn't touch them so I don't know what you exactly mean. Hell! I am a quake noob :D. And it was a single player game.

kind of confused ...

breli
Breli
SG Team

Postby torhu » Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:47 pm

Try typing '/bot_nobr' in console. It should say '1'. Then turn it off by typing '/bot_nobr 0'. Now you can have bots, and they won't get kicked when a new round begins.
Monster Browser
torhu
SG Team

Postby Breli » Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:37 am

Hi torhu,

Sorry, I didn't know about the variables. They work like you described. I would recommend, though, that they'll be enabled by default. The server admins can disable them in the server.cfg

cheers

breli
Breli
SG Team

Postby torhu » Fri Sep 09, 2005 2:31 pm

Do you mean that you would like bots to be disabled in BR, RTP, and duel modes by default? Or am I misunderstanding you?
Monster Browser
torhu
SG Team

Postby Breli » Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:23 pm

Hi torhu,

Apparently I am causing way to much confusion ;). I mean that I want to have bots enabled in single player mode (not on the server) and that they don't get kicked after a round. If I don't change bot_nobr with the console bots get kicked in br and rtp. That isn't the case without the patch. Thus, if you play with the new patch you have to assign bots to teams a for each round you want to play (single player).

Sorry for the confusion and my unknowingness of all this. Its not very important so don't dedicate all your time to it.

cheers

breli
Breli
SG Team

Postby torhu » Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:51 pm

Ok, maybe I'll just disable those cvars by default (bot_noBR, bot_noRTP, bot_noDuel). And enable them in the server.cfg, if we ship a new version of that. And we probably should, because we need a new, default mapcycle with the new maps in it. That should cause the least confusion, I hope.
Monster Browser
torhu
SG Team

Return to WQ3 Beta 2.1 Testing

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel