With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
WQ3 pre B2.1 archive. Links may not work.

[Feedback] testpatch 11

Postby Breli » Sun Sep 25, 2005 2:11 pm

It's good to see some real testing finally happening. The Polish guys has done some testing too. Thanks, guys!

- ESC doesn't work when new map is loaded (in BR)

I saw this for the first time yesterday. Needs more testing.

- Scores are wrong (in BR)
The number of kills displayed on the scoreboard is definitely wrong.
Fixed.

- FPS: inventory not correctly shown
Not all inventory items are shown when following a player in FPS. I had the moneybag but my team members were not able to see it in my inventory in FPS mode.
I will look into this. Maybe. :)

- FPS: switching between teammates does not always work
Spectators in FPS mode are sometimes not able to switch between their fellow team members views.
Fixed.
Breli
SG Team

Postby torhu » Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:17 pm

Damn, I clicked on Edit instead of Quote. Sorry about that, breli! :oops: At least your bug reports are intact.
In game: =SG=monSter
Monster Browser
torhu
SG Team

Postby Breli » Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:43 pm

torhu wrote:Damn, I clicked on Edit instead of Quote. Sorry about that, breli! :oops: At least your bug reports are intact.

Well, if you fix bugs as fast as you fixed these, you can do with my posts whatever you want :D

Good work!

cheers

breli
Breli
SG Team

Here's my two cents (or whatever currency you like)

Postby Don Antonio » Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:03 am

OK guys, BUGS first:

* Scoreboard shows incorrect score (both team and frags) -- but you already know that, and I hear it's gotten fixed.
* Scoreboard sometimes stays on, I need to press TAB a second time, to make it go away. *this is an old bug, not introduced in v11*
* Once I got spawned in br_durango in one place with another guy. We remained interlocked behind the wooden crates in the shed (near the second safe) and couldn't move away from each other for the whole round.
* I spectated today in wq_canyon and got *heaps* of money after joining a team ($108). Perhaps this is correct behaviour, but I never noticed it before and it seems pretty strange to me.
* After winning a round in br_* by killing the enemy and then quickly running away with the money before the next round starts the victory seems to be accounted to the wrong team (and I think the money goes to the wrong people as well). *this is an old bug, not introduced in v11*
* There seem to be more money related strangenesses, but I haven't figured them out yet. I'm usually too involved in the game :)
* Sometimes the reload-weapon animations don't complete, especially in FPP spect mode (sometimes in normal play). You see a guy with an open gun until something happens like shooting or changing the weapon.
* I get the impression, that sometimes fire does not fire when I try to fire a few times in succession, but maybe it's a limitation of a) myself b) the weapon c) my mouse. So don't quote me on this one.
* After you buy a scope you cannot buy an ammo-belt (you could do the other way round, though) *this is an old bug, not introduced in v11*
* The buy menu needs moving mouse around to buy the same item twice (just clicking twice on the same button is not enough) *this is an old bug, not introduced in v11*

Now three major SUGGESTIONS:

* When descending down the stairs and various little steps slowly (walking, not running) there should be no noise, same as when walking upstairs or up other little features in the map. This is logical and makes the game more challenging.
* When looking at teammates through windows the xhair should turn teammatey (green or whatever). I don't know whether it's easy to implement (probably not), but still I think it's a good idea. But then it's been sort of discussed when talking about a teammate map (radar), and perhaps it'll make the game too easy.
* This is very important IMO: detaching a spect from a person should NOT force the viewpoint up so much as to make it impossible, when the spectated person is crouching just below a floor, a balcony, whatever. In this situation you just can't detach from that person.

That's it for now. Best regards to the devs and other testers.

Don Antonio
Don Antonio
Drifter

Postby torhu » Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:55 am

* I spectated today in wq_canyon and got *heaps* of money after joining a team ($108). Perhaps this is correct behaviour, but I never noticed it before and it seems pretty strange to me.

It's possible that you get extra money if you join the team that won the last round. Or the leading team. Not entirely sure about how this works. If you join a team from spectator mode, or switch teams, your money will be reset, and then it's possible that extra money gets added to your stats, like for the rest of the team. So this might well be correct behavior. But if the amount of money is wrong, then it's a bug. I don't know if $108 is a reasonable amount, since I don't play team games much. This might not be very helpful to you, I know. :)

As for the beta 2.1 release, I consider my job mostly done now, and will mostly just wait for El Vakond to wrap up his stuff, so we can release 'b2.1 Release Candidate 1' as soon as possible. The idea is that we will only fix critical bugs after that point. The number of minor (and not so minor, depending on your wq3 playing habits) bugs is just too high, and we have to stop somewhere. Maybe El Vakond will fix some more bugs, I don't know what his exact plans are.

So most of these bugs will probably be targeted to be fixed for a release after b2.1. I hope you're not disappointed by this. We just want to get an upgrade released soon, to get the improvements out to the community, and to get some attention that might attract new players to the mod. So as long as the bugs are not new or too serious, I hope we can live with them a few months still.

:!: And please remember that you should not test on a server that is not pure (sv_pure 1). That way, you're likely to get extra bugs because of differing server and client versions. :!:
Monster Browser
torhu
SG Team

Postby Breli » Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:25 am

Hi,

Just for the record: some other bugs that are NOT related to testpatch 11 and can probably be tackled for the 1.0 release. I don't know whether they have been posted somewhere else and I don't know how I am supposed to check that so I post them here :P:

- Simple items are shown throw walls
If "simple items" is enabled, the loot of dead players can be seen throw walls. That looks quite strange.

- Bots can see throw doors
It's not a big deal but strange.

cheers

breli
Breli
SG Team

Postby L3th4l » Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:13 pm

I hope this doesn't offend you breli, just a friendly correction.

Simple items are shown through walls.

Throw is - Throw the dog the ball.

Like I said, just a friendly correction. Red is usually the english police but I beat him to it :D :D
L3th4l
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby Breli » Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:35 pm

L3th4l wrote:Simple items are shown through walls.

Yeah right :D ... like "opaque" which I always confuse with transparent and all the other typos and mistakes. Next time I report in German and let you figure out what I mean yourselves :P ... After all, this turns out to be a spelling bee!

Hell, I am VERY tired ... ;)

Breli
Breli
SG Team

Postby L3th4l » Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:11 pm

breli wrote:Next time I report in German and let you figure out what I mean yourselves :P ... After all, this turns out to be a spelling bee!

Hell, I am VERY tired ... ;)

Breli

LOL, I would just have my wife translate it for me :D :D She is fluent in 7 languages including German 8O :D
L3th4l
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby Breli » Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:59 pm

L3th4l wrote:LOL, I would just have my wife translate it for me :D :D She is fluent in 7 languages including German 8O :D

Damm! It seems that you beat me ;)

Breli
Breli
SG Team

Re: Here's my two cents (or whatever currency you like)

Postby torhu » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:44 am

Don Antonio wrote:* Scoreboard shows incorrect score (both team and frags) -- but you already know that, and I hear it's gotten fixed.

I've held back the new testpatch because I was wondering about this bug. Does it exist in b2.0, or not? It doesn't happen when I'm testing. Is there some special circumstance in which it happens? And does it happen often enough that I should delay the patch further and try to fix it?

Don Antonio wrote:* I spectated today in wq_canyon and got *heaps* of money after joining a team ($108). Perhaps this is correct behaviour, but I never noticed it before and it seems pretty strange to me.

I think I know why this happens, so I can try to fix.

I don't want to give you a patch that introduces new bugs that weren't there in b2.0. ;)
Monster Browser
torhu
SG Team

Re: Here's my two cents (or whatever currency you like)

Postby torhu » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:17 am

Don Antonio wrote:* When looking at teammates through windows the xhair should turn teammatey (green or whatever). I don't know whether it's easy to implement (probably not), but still I think it's a good idea. But then it's been sort of discussed when talking about a teammate map (radar), and perhaps it'll make the game too easy.

This works through a single layer of glass now, which should be enough most of the time. I was looking at that part of the code for another reason anyway, so why not. When looking through a window, this feature nullifies an optimization I made, but the difference is minute. Will probably show up in a patch after b2.1. :)
Monster Browser
torhu
SG Team

Return to WQ3 Beta 2.1 Testing

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel