With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
WQ3 pre B2.1 archive. Links may not work.

Postby Clink Eastward » Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:01 am

torhu wrote:
R_GetShaderByHandle: out of range hShader '1970169165'

Has anyone else gotten an error like this? And can anyone remember getting it in an older version than RC1? As long as there's no visible problems, I think we can release without fixing this.

Other than the actual error message I have not seen anything else wrong that look's like it could be related to it.

I have one question has the strafe (l / r) speed been increased? I don't knoiw whether it's in my mind or whether it's just me having to get used to the new forward speed? But it feel's odd ;)
Clink Eastward
Shootist

Postby torhu » Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:50 pm

Clink Eastward wrote:I have one question has the strafe (l / r) speed been increased? I don't knoiw whether it's in my mind or whether it's just me having to get used to the new forward speed? But it feel's odd ;)

Speed in all directions should have increased because I increased g_speed, I think. Do you think the strafe speed is too high or too low?
In game: =SG=monSter
Monster Browser
torhu
SG Team

Postby Clink Eastward » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:51 pm

I have a high mouse sensitivity (all the way to the top appx 30) It feel's to me that I am struggling too make circle turn's (using strafe) since the increase in the forward motion (200). This is going to sound even more weird when I tell you that when I play on Red's RAWHIDE server the strafe circle turn seem's ok.

This may seem a little strange to you but it's just how it 'feel's' at the moment.

I had initially thought that 200 was a fair compromise and 220 was too high, but it does 'feel' as though the 220 compliment's the circle strafe manouver better than 200. I do not know if anyone else has experienced this on the test server but it does seem this way to me. It has been really bothering me since playing at 200 although the forward motion seem's great, circle strafing is knocked way off in my opinon. Maybe it's just me?

The last and final thing I have to say is the bot's, I think the default skill setting on the new release is too hard for new player's (call me a fag ;) ) The old setting was a complete bore for seasoned player's but newbies will struggle I feel, maybe this is a good thing? Maybe we don't really expect many to reinstall Q3 to have a go? But..I kind of hope they will and think that an easier setting would be better while people get used to the game.
Maybe a lot to be said for people getting their ass kicked and practicing? ;) Not sure how you feel about the bot issue?
Clink Eastward
Shootist

Postby torhu » Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:44 am

I haven' noticed any difference in how the circle strafing works. You can try it out more by just switching g_speed between 180, 200, and 220 as you play. But it seems ok to me so far.

The bot skill level hasn't changed, it still defaults to 2. But I set it to 4 on the test server, because I wanted some real competition. You can change it with rcon if you like.
In game: =SG=monSter
Monster Browser
torhu
SG Team

Previous

Return to WQ3 Beta 2.1 Testing

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel