With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
WQ3 pre B2.1 archive. Links may not work.

WQ3 b2.1 Release Candidate 1

Postby torhu » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:09 am

Link Removed.

Ok folks, let's hope this is a good one. I really want to release soon, so we can get some extra PR for the game. :)

This has been delayed a bit because of El Vakond's sudden disapperance, and the deathcam might not be quite as he imagined it. But it seems to work satisfactory now. So just play this patch to death for a week or so, and tell me if you think it's good to go.

Work is already being done on the next patch, so don't worry. More improvements are coming, even after the release of b2.1. :)

In b2.10 RC1 (new since testpatch 11):
--------------------------------------

*** FIXES ***
- 1st person spec in duels should work better now
- 1st person spec in RTP and BR doesn't mess with fragcounts
- can spec all clients, client #1 didn't work before
- duel intro view works again, was broken in testpatch 11
- chasecam won't lock up in duel mode anymore
- bug when 1st person following a player who dies, then going into free mode
- bug where you'd spawn with the wrong amount of money in BR, RTP and duels
- bug where you'd spawn with the wrong number of wins (stars) in duels

*** CHANGES ***
- crosshair no longer turns green, only the red X is used
- sharps scope also turns red, instead of green
- changed gui text for team indication crosshair setting
- FFA is now always default gametype for wq_* maps
- Make (bot_minplayers / 2) bots get added to each team, instead of bot_minplayers. Round up to the nearest even number, bot_minplayers = 5 will give you 3 bots on each team.
- removed bot_noRTP, less need for it because of the botsfillserver fixes, and the changed behavior of bot_minplayers
- couple of obituaries changed
- old chasecam name and health display reinstated
- deathcam doesn't turn anymore, just centers on your killer
- no deathcam in duels
- g_speed now defaults to 200 instead of 180

*** NEW FEATURES ***
- main menu and ingame gui key binding for the lastusedweapon command
- alt-fire button cancels weapon choose mode
- Quickscores on HUD. Shows your score, and the score to beat. In team games, both teams' scores instead. Works like in vanilla q3.
- func_door_rotating has got new spawnflags: ONE_WAY, X_AXIS, and Y_AXIS, plus 'distance' key
- cvar g_deathcam to enable/disable deathcam

----------

What especially needs testing here, is the first person spectator mode. Try it in BR and duels; spectating, then joining a team, switching teams, etc.

The new speed (200 instead of 180) is the most controversial change. It's a compromise we made because it enables you to jump between equal height cars on wq_train. On 180, you just can't do that. The Rawhide server uses 220, but that might be too 'unrealistic' for some. It's definiteley up for debate.

PS. It's not on the test server yet, but it'll show up in a day or two. Remember, on the test server you can callvote for the gametype or map you want. So please try to use it some more. ;)
Last edited by torhu on Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In game: =SG=monSter
Monster Browser
torhu
SG Team

Postby sig11 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:53 am

And it's on the test server ( 80.190.243.49:27963 ) now. As torhu said, voting is allowed, so you should be able to play any game type. Also, bots are enabled but bot_minplayers is currently set to 0. However, with rcon access (just be careful here !) you can change things like that and more.
In-game name: =SG= Django (yes, it's cliché :-) )
sig11
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:37 am

WooHoo! Thanks sig11 for a quick response! 8)

Good work Torhu. I hope this one will be good enough for a release. If it is, I'll be mass emailing gaming sites about this which should bring more interest to the mod. VIVA WQ3!!! :D
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Clink Eastward » Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:27 am

Excellent stuff, will give this a good hammering :)

\edit

The Test Server -[ Test Server|57ms|80.190.243.49:27963 ]- keep's saying it is full. Client's is set at 4/0 (odd) ;)

Am loading up and playing offline as I type.
Clink Eastward
Shootist

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:15 am

You will get that message if you do not connect with the password which is "hocico" :wink:
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Clink Eastward » Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:14 am

I have the password in my autoexec

The client slot's show no vacant slot's and the server isn't showing as passworded not in my ASE browser :(

Played for a good two hours last night here, the slight speed increase is a welcome addition ;)

It is a welcome feature from the viewpoint you can use more of the map for jump's and movement (still exploring that) To make an accurate judgement on whether it need's to be made any quicker I would need to give it some solid play time with human opponent's ;) But at it's current setting seem's just right..

Great work though! WQ3 Is NOT dead! :D :!:
Clink Eastward
Shootist

Postby torhu » Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:15 pm

Clink Eastward wrote:The client slot's show no vacant slot's and the server isn't showing as passworded not in my ASE browser :(

It's because the server has password protection off, but all clients are private , so you need the password anyway. I think it was done because the bots wouldn't work with password enabled the regular way.

Looks a bit funny when it says 4/0 clients in ASE, but that's that way it works. :)

EDIT: To start from ASE, just press f4 and set the password before you try to join.
Monster Browser
torhu
SG Team

Postby Clink Eastward » Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:36 am

ok m8, cheers ;)
Clink Eastward
Shootist

Postby Clink Eastward » Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:13 am

Just a couple of thing's I noticed last night, not major but thought I would tell you anyway.

Clink Eastward killed Unknown with Remington 12 Gauge.
Wrote screenshots/shot0116.tga
Wrote screenshots/shot0117.tga
Sentenza killed Tuco with Remington58.
Sentenza killed Unknown with Remington58.
]\condump test2
Dumped console text to test2.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/ ... ot0116.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/ ... ot0117.jpg

This incident I had shot Unkown through one window, walked around to another then shot through the window pane at him (point blank at window) and the window did not break (shot 116). Seem's mad straight through not a break, shot 0117 shows the break straight afterward's having another shot at the window.

This one is an error message after I shot Tuco.

You hit Tuco's head.
Clink Eastward killed Tuco with Winchester 1897.
R_GetShaderByHandle: out of range hShader '1970169165'
Your neck is hit.
Sentenza killed Clink Eastward with Remington58.
]\condump test01
Dumped console text to test01.
Clink Eastward
Shootist

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:41 am

You know how you can't shoot someone when you're right on top of them? It's like your weapon extends through their body and shoots from the other side. I suspect the same thing could be happening when your face is pressed against the glass. Not sure what we can do about it but it won't be addressed in this patch.

As for the shader error, Torhu has apparantly seen the same thing. Not sure what it means yet but we'll keep investigating. Thanks for the good work on testing! 8)
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby torhu » Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:31 am

Clink Eastward wrote:R_GetShaderByHandle: out of range hShader '1970169165'
Your neck is hit.
Sentenza killed Clink Eastward with Remington58.
]\condump test01
Dumped console text to test01.

I'd be interested in seeing the rest of that condump. Send me a pm if you've still got it. :)
Monster Browser
torhu
SG Team

Postby Clink Eastward » Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:02 pm

Have sent you the whole thing. :)

Looking at that glass Red it does seem as though your weapon and even my knees are protruding through glass. Not a big issue anyway eh, just thought I would show you :)

The shader error I presume is something to do with the animation?
Clink Eastward
Shootist

Postby torhu » Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:00 am

Clink Eastward wrote:Looking at that glass Red it does seem as though your weapon and even my knees are protruding through glass.

Have a look at the pictures here, that'll give you an idea as to what's probably going on here (it's not related to unlag, it's the way vanilla q3 works too):
http://www.planetquake.com/alternatefir ... HOIJRAHBIM
Monster Browser
torhu
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:57 am

Not sure that is related to the afforementioned problem but it is a really good read. 8O
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby torhu » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:51 am

ReD NeCKersoN wrote:Not sure that is related to the afforementioned problem but it is a really good read. 8O

I'm assuming the reason your knee can go through the window is that when you're crouching, your knee is outside the bounding box that is used to limit your movement. Hit detection in wq3 doesn't use a box, so that doesn't work like in those pictures.

Has anyone else gotten an error like this? And can anyone remember getting it in an older version than RC1? As long as there's no visible problems, I think we can release without fixing this.
Monster Browser
torhu
SG Team

Next

Return to WQ3 Beta 2.1 Testing

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel