With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
*** Get the scoop on western flicks you should see. ***

Moderator: EvilFutsin

Postby EvilFutsin » Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:13 am

Yeah, such as it comes to Fistful/Yojimbo, now that you mention it, I guess I can say now that if I do it - I'm actually gonna do a three-piece of Yojimbo, Fistful Of Dollars, and Last Man Standing. The connection is the three basically have the same premise (LMS is even credited, screenplay-wise, to Kurosawa), but the three different filmmakers went about it in very different ways. It's cool seeing how Leone took from Kurosawa (so much so they actually got sued! yikes!) and then how much Walter Hill also ended up taking from Leone.

But yes, I'll probably go for something random, since working up the Yojimbo/Fistful/Last Man thing is gonna be a big undertaking. But thanks for suggesting the idea, I wasn't thinking to do so originally. O_O!

I still wanna do a remake of Fistful as "A Fistful Of Pills", as a small scale Running Scared-esque adrenaline flick about a drug addict turning the two groups of dealers against eachother just to get a stash that he can live off of for the rest of his life. Yeah, I'm weird like that. 8)
"I Gotta Believe!"
EvilFutsin
SG Team

Postby DeUgli » Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:58 pm

EvilFutsin wrote:I still wanna do a remake of Fistful as "A Fistful Of Pills", as a small scale Running Scared-esque adrenaline flick about a drug addict turning the two groups of dealers against eachother just to get a stash that he can live off of for the rest of his life. Yeah, I'm weird like that. 8)

Well, this post will get us really off-topic, but just to cap the thread, have you read RED HARVEST by Dashiell Hammett? Classic playing-both-sides hardboiled fiction.
DeUgli
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby Pardner » Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:57 am

EvilFutsin wrote:Yojimbo, Fistful Of Dollars, and Last Man Standing.

I had watched Fistful about a month ago, and I just finished watching LMS. I had forgoten the that this was one of the three. 20min into it I thought I was watching Fistful again! I realize its the begining of the month, but I think that this deserves a review/comparison

Pardner
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:22 am

I finally got my hands on this flick! I got it from Overstock.com. Chico's heading my way for a visit this weekend so I'll resist watching it untill he's here. Hmmm, maybe a juicy steak & some cold beers would go well with this movie. :D I'll post my thoughts here after we watch it.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:24 pm

Almost forgot I said I'd post back here. EvilFutsin is right, this isn't your typical western. I think Chico & I are a little lower down the filmography evolutionary ladder than Mr. Futsin. :lol: Don't get me wrong, the performances were good & the story wasn't bad, etc, etc. (Cool weapons.) Everything mentioned in the review is accurate. But there just wasn't enough action to satisfy us. :| The film is part of my western collection now but it's going to be some time before I watch this again. Just my 2 cents. :wink:
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Ten Beers » Mon May 07, 2007 4:18 am

Thanks again for the review... Another film I never heard of before and am so glad I watched it. I am reminded of a comment a friend of mine said after watching Unforgiven... "The bad guys weren't really that bad and the good guys weren't really that good" I know it's a simplistic quote that really doesn't sum up that gem of a movie, but Hunting Party made me remember it. What a coincidence that Gene Hackman played a major roll in both of these films. I think Candice Bergen is great in this film. I'll be thinking of her every time I eat peaches for a long time...
Ten Beers
Newcomer

Postby gunner joe » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:50 am

i watched the movie and i like 8) hat down i just love the sniper!
♥♥Sweet smell of smokin guns!♥♥
gunner joe
Drifter

hehe

Postby Bart202 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:27 am

hehe,
this small movie is funny, watch it :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csFtMsqX ... =fvwp&NR=1
Facebook-Group of Smokin' Players

My hand toolz are colt peacemakers !°
Bart202
Gunslinger