With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...

Moderator: Pardner

Duel Tournament?

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:06 am

Read the above announcement folks. We're upgradin' & stuff! 8O

Are you fast on the draw? Think you have what it takes to survive our own little version of The Quick & The Dead? Our good friend Pardner wants to know if you've got the gumption to enter a duel tournament. Slide by this forum thread to sign up or shut up. :lol:
<center>
</center>
Though I'm getting long in the tooth, I expect I'll be oiling up my six shooters for this. If ya got a beef with me, or even if you don't, now is yer chance to splatter my guts all over the wall! I'm afraid we can't offer any real prizes to the winner but you'll get yer name in lights in a future news post as well as bragging rights. And I figure the top three finishers should pose for a pic-o-the-week. We'll photoshop it up real nice & purty. :wink:

In other news, Hika has been doing some very valuable work concerning performance gains & making some good progress! WQ3 players will have some options to improve their frames per second by a good margin when the next version is released. Those of you gaming on older machines will be especially thrilled by this I'm sure. Meanwhile, Breli & I are working on various mapping projects. Nearly all of the maps will be getting a bit of a face-lift thanks to newer compiler technology than ICI had back in the year 2000. The maps will be nicer visually but we aren't making any drastic changes. We're taking an "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" approach. :wink: Seems there's also a good possibility we could see a remake of wq_town in the near future, but time will tell. 8O

I'd like to give a big HOWDY to some WQ3 fans over at http://www.wienerfunclan.at/
If you speak german, maybe you could drop them a line in their forum to let them know we appreciate their support!
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

What should I read first?

Postby mikegladsz » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:30 am

Hey! I just registered for the first time this week.

Apologies for asking, but I wanted to ask if anyone could point me to any notable posts that I should read first, so I can get up to speed here?

Thanks! Michael
mikegladsz
Newcomer

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:22 pm

Hey Mike, welcome to the forum! :)
If you have any trouble connecting to the servers you should probably pay attention to the yellow text in this post. Beyond that, there are more than a few interesting threads here. Make yourself at home & browse around. 8)
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby .:MASTER:.Zog » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:14 am

I'll join the duel tournament :D
.:MASTER:.Zog
Drifter

Postby .:MASTER:.Zog » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:15 am

Oh, lol my bad, didn't see the link for the forum to post on =P
Drifter

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:27 am

Uh, look at the dates from the above posts. You revived a 2 yr old thread! :P
The tourney was a long time ago. But we'll probably try to start another tournament in the near future.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby .:MASTER:.Zog » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:54 am

Lol, thanks..I'll be looking.
Drifter

Postby JWales » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:07 am

Howdy, I know this an old thread but it is the first one I've read scence just joining. Low and behold I see my picture on Red's sig. Nice pic...LoL
:)
JWales
Newcomer

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:21 am

You gonna pull those pistols or whistle dixie? :P
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Return to SG News

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel