With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...

Moderator: Pardner

Yer WANTED!

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:00 am

Hey cowpokes! EvilFutsin, master of cinema is ready to begin filming for the WQ3 intro/credits sequences & all we need is a few gunslingers to do some acting. Now I won't lie to you, it requires patience and a willingness to take direction. But wouldn't it be worth it to be immortalized as part of our upcoming stand-alone!?!? You can bet a jar of peaches my ugly mug will show up for a chance at this. Need more convincing? Here's a small sample of Mr. Futsin's skillz. 8)

<center><object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qeyu_c_HHOA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qeyu_c_HHOA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object></center>

Is this stuff cool or what? If you want to tell your friends "Hey! That's me blowing ol' Red's darn head clean off right there!" when yer favorite western game is loading....well, you get the picture. :D Hit THIS THREAD for details amigos, & don't worry about makeup. You ain't gonna get any prettier. :lol:
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Yer WANTED!

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:29 am

One of the things holding up the Stand-Alone release is a classy intro & credits sequence. EvilFutsin has come to the rescue with an offer to get this done. Ideally, we'll get enough footage in the next 2 weekends so that Futsin can work his magic & we can cross this off the list... taking us that much closer to our goal. More than likely, & I'll have to check with the director, the shoot will happen on Sat & Sun afternoons around 3pm gmt-5 for Americans. That'll be evenings for Europeans. I'll have more solid details here in the coming days. The filming will take place at the RAWHIDE server. If you want to be part of this event, just say so in this thread. Thanks to anyone who can help. 8)
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Hellrider » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:20 pm

It would be a pleasure for me to be part of this event 8)
Hellrider
Gunslinger

Postby hika » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:30 pm

Woa ! Incredible !
How can I predict that someday I could be on a Western movie 8) ?
What about the role ? Do we have to imagine what actor/western hero we want to be ?
Keoma for Hellrider for example :lol: ?
... just kidding ... you can count on me.
SG name: Manchot
SG fansite: http://western.bsdmon.com
userbar originally created by Caffeine
hika
SG Team

Postby Breli » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:03 pm

Oh Yeah!

EvilFutsin: "So now everybody kill Breli! aaaannnnd ACTION!"

:)

I'll jump on at least one evening
SG name: =SG= BRELI

Harmonica: Did you bring a horse?
Gunmen: Looks like we are short on one horse!
Harmonica: No. You brought two too many.
Breli
SG Team

Postby EvilFutsin » Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:05 am

Oooo, what I wouldn't give to be able to do a Keoma-style movie. :) I haven't seen it yet but the trailers look awesome.

The scenarios are small-scale stuff, sort of come up with on the spot, more an exercise in cool filming angles and clever shoot-out ideas. I had something in a dream that might work, too. (yes, I actually have Western dreams from time to time)

Hope to see y'all there, folks. 8)
"I Gotta Believe!"
EvilFutsin
SG Team

Postby Dadamungo » Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:27 am

I'd like to help too. Count me in.
Dadamungo
Shootist

screen test

Postby ChainLightnin' » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:08 am

As good as all you guys shoot, maybe I should screen test as this guy... :D
Well...Mr. Chain Blue Lightnin' hisself..heh, heh!
ChainLightnin'
Gunslinger

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:07 am

Ok it's confirmed with Futsin now. The time to meet will be Saturday at 3pm Eastern time (-5 gmt) which will be 9pm for most of Europe & 12pm Pacific. Once again the server will be RAWHIDE & the password will be the same as the test server....since everyone who has responded here is a tester or dev member you should know what it is. ;) Look at the announcement in the SA section if you've forgotten that password.

Although cheats will be enabled to allow the director utmost flexability, we ask that you do not use any cheats. You will be given weapons according to the director's wishes. Look, this is very different than gaming! You will need to pay attention & do what the director asks of you as best you can so we can get some good footage. If you get bored, it's better to leave the server or spectate than to cause distractions. But I probably don't need to say this to the people who have signed up here. :wink: Depending on how much we get accomplished & how fast we get tired, we might meet again at the same time on Sunday to get some more shots. More than likely, we'll need to do this again next weekend but hopefully we'll have enough after that. It isn't required, but it will make things easier (less typing) if you can join our TeamSpeak for this. You don't have to talk if you're shy.....just listen to the director. 8)
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby EvilFutsin » Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:41 pm

Oh snap! I should reinstall this game now, shouldn't I? O_O

Drat. They're onto my plan of actually having hard drive space. >_> Drat, I'm speaking out loud. Drat, I need to go to sleep. Drat.

....what the hell does Drat even mean, anyway?
"I Gotta Believe!"
EvilFutsin
SG Team

Postby Breli » Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:39 pm

It just occured to me: what about DawnFort and\or NewTown? Shouldn't we try to get some footage from these maps as well?

At least I wouldn't mind seeing these babies each time I fire up WQ :lol:

Testserver and Master Futsin need the maps then ...

Breli

Breli
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:26 am

For several reasons, all filming will take place on the test server from now on. Good work to those who showed up today! We got some good stuff. We'll try again tomorrow at the same time but Futsin isn't sure he can make it. We'll just have to wait & see.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby hika » Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:42 am

Breli wrote:Testserver and Master Futsin need the maps then ...

Oh ... is the test server not up to date about new maps ?
Sorry to have not make it in time, today. I was not at home the whole day, but now I'm ready.
SG name: Manchot
SG fansite: http://western.bsdmon.com
userbar originally created by Caffeine
hika
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:11 am

hika wrote:Oh ... is the test server not up to date about new maps ?

I think that is a mistake on Breli's part. Or he is thinking of the newer versions that I'm told he intends to upload in a few days. For now, your server is current afaik.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Breli » Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:00 pm

ReD NeCKersoN wrote:
hika wrote:I think that is a mistake on Breli's part ...

Sort of, yes ... I wasn't aware that you guys planned to film on DF and NT anyway so I figured EvilFutsin and the server we are going to use are not properly set up for the new betas ....

Ahhhh what the heck :)

Breli

Breli
SG Team

Next

Return to SG News

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel