With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...

Moderator: Pardner

April Fools?!?

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:30 pm

Howdy cowpokes! I have some very special news today that is no joke! Our good friends over at The World of Padman have released their stand-alone today! :D You'll want to grab this game pronto amigos. They have a very nice video trailer you can watch first if you're not sure what the game is all about. Trust me pilgrims, this is a very high quality game. And it's now totally free!!! 8O

Image Image

But wait.... That's Not All! Urban Terror is also releasing a stand-alone today! :P Here's a snippet from their announcement: Urban Terror 4 to be released Sunday, April 1 13PDT/16EST/20BST/21CET Like WQ3 will be, you can actually choose to get their stand-alone OR the mod download for Q3. This is another quality game that I can't reccomend enough. Also free!

Image Image

So what about WQ3's stand-alone you ask? In an effort to get it out sooner (considering our limited team) we've decided to forego our plans to make improvements to the older levels. We have some intro/credits stuff to take care of as well as few smaller things but we hope to wrap everything up fairly soon. Yippie-kai-yay hombres. 8)
Last edited by ReD NeCKersoN on Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby =Chico= » Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:54 pm

woohoo! WoP, Urban Terror , and soon to be SA WQ3!! Many hours of gaming enjoyment !!
=Chico=
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby hika » Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:45 pm

Wow ! I'm amazed that the two most popular Q3 mod for me (after WQ3 :D) both have standalone version, particularly Urban Terror which I didn't know before.
No excuse for me, I should upgrade them with the standalone.
Maybe I will save some disk space, by removing the retail pak0.pk3 :D
SG name: Manchot
SG fansite: http://western.bsdmon.com
userbar originally created by Caffeine
hika
SG Team

Postby Dadamungo » Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:59 am

Thanks for the updates. Hopefully I'll see some of you in the other mods too.
Dadamungo
Shootist

Re: April Fools?!?

Postby leilei » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:40 am

ReD NeCKersoN wrote:In an effort to get it out sooner we've decided to cancel some of the ideas we had to make improvements to the older levels.

Don't rush this :(
OA project leader
leilei
Newcomer

Postby EvilFutsin » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:10 am

VERY happy to see this! :D Looking forward to blastin' some foo's on UrT again.

And I've never tried WoP. :( I feel bad for that.

Still, nothing truly satisfies me like WQ3 and RQ3. ;)
"I Gotta Believe!"
EvilFutsin
SG Team

Re: April Fools?!?

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:31 pm

leilei wrote:
ReD NeCKersoN wrote:In an effort to get it out sooner we've decided to cancel some of the ideas we had to make improvements to the older levels.

Don't rush this :(

Hi leilei & welcome to the forum. :) I didn't exactly tell you everything there is to know in that statement. Truth is, most of the dev team is finding it difficult to devote quality time to wq3 anymore. Our real life jobs, families, etc, are causing the SA to be delayed to no end. :|
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby leilei » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:42 pm

I thought it was a Q3map2 technical issue, and what happened to that post anyway?
OA project leader
leilei
Newcomer

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:31 am

leilei wrote:I thought it was a Q3map2 technical issue

There is a problem there, yes. Which is why it's been taking so much time. Instead of making the simple changes that we wanted with the old maps, we have been struggling with compiler issues. (These issues only seem to surface with the old maps btw.) In the end it would be faster to recreate all of these maps from scratch....if you can call that an expedient approach. :roll: And although I have mentioned in a past news post that we were experiencing difficulties with the map revisions, I am quite certain that I never got specific in any area of the public forum. It's nothing to be secretive about though & I don't mind discussing it with you. But unless you hang in our IRC channel under a different name, I'm curious how you know about this.
leilei wrote:and what happened to that post anyway?

It's in the tester section where it's always been?
Last edited by ReD NeCKersoN on Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby L3th4l » Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:58 am

Breli had posted about the q3mqp2 problem right when we were optomizing the database and his post flew the coupe.. Thats the post he is refering to Red when he said "and what happened to that post anyway?" Any post made while the database is being compressed will end up getting pruned..

Sorry Breli :(
L3th4l
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:55 am

My mistake & my apologies if any offense was taken. :oops: You'd have to know a little forum history here to fully understand. Thanks for clearing this up L3th4l.

leilei, we do have a somewhat lengthy thread concerning the map revision woes in the tester section. It was this thread that I was thinking of, being unaware of the lost post you referred to. :?
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Return to SG News

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel