With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...

Moderator: Pardner

Public Apology

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:47 am

It has been brought to my attention that the current WQ3 dev team neglected to include proper credits in our last release concerning content acquired from Open Arena
Although we had these credits in place for a release candidate, it somehow got overlooked in the final 2.2 package. The Smokin' Guns would like to extend our sincerest apologies to Open Arena for this oversight. It will not happen again. However, it would seem that some good has come from this mistake. Although we were already aware that some copyrighted data remains to be removed in WQ3, this unfortunate incident has prompted us to take an even closer look at our existing files. Hika has been doing quite a bit of work in this area over the last week & his progess is very impressive. Rest assured, a stand-alone version of WQ3 will adhere to the law before we release it. PERIOD.
In other news, testers will find an updated version of the SA executable in the tester section of the forum, courtesy of sig11 with support from hika & torhu. Have you had trouble registering on the forum in recent weeks? L3th4l fixed the problem, so register now! I'd also like to formally welcome EvilFutsin to our team. This man has been an extraordinary supporter of WQ3 for the longest time with his exceptional film work. In addition to his in-game movie making, he's quite the film buff with a "beyond the norm" affinity for capturing the flavor of western films. Stop by our Western Movie of the Month to get in-depth reviews of flicks you ought to be watching. 8)
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby leilei » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:31 am

You'd also have to give the project a new name.
OA project leader
leilei
Newcomer

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:49 pm

Thanks. We'll ask Id for permission to keep the name. If denied, we'll most certainly change it.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby EvilFutsin » Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:42 pm

As far as I know, historically, all standalone releases have had to change or modify their names in some fashion. Just, ya know, throwing that info out before leilei has to. ;)
"I Gotta Believe!"
EvilFutsin
SG Team

Return to SG News

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel