With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...

Moderator: Pardner

Name Change for WQ3?

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Thu May 10, 2007 3:21 am

Ok folks, for various reasons it looks like WQ3 needs a new name before the Stand-Alone should be released. Some are legality arguements, while others pertain to the possibility of our favorite spaghetti western game moving to a new engine in the future. Now I'm not saying that the current team will take this game to a new level, but who knows what might happen once the source is released? One thing is for sure, a couple of dev members & a few loyal fans with talent have proposed the idea more than once. But first things first. Check this forum thread to see what names have been proposed or to pitch your own idea for a new name. Let's throw a lasso around something so we can get on with completing the Stand-Alone! By the way, changing the name involves restructuring quite a few things in the game so there will unfortunately be an additional delay with the release. Somewhat disheartening for yours truly, but I WILL see this project finished before my neck gets stretched by the hangman dammit!
Everyone likes screenshots, right? Since I was fixing a few bugs in Hang'em High for the SA, I figured I might as well try to spruce up the place while I'm at it. Here's a before & after of what I have so far.
Image Image
Please keep in mind I have a bit of work to do yet but I like the unfinished results so far. A little texture blending & a change of skybox goes pretty far it seems.
Now for something really fresh! Take a look at the pic-o-the-week to see a brand new skin submission from Leon (aka. Henri Tervapuro) with a tiny bit of photo retouching from our own Evil Futsin. I'm told we just might see new skins for all of our models in the future. Will they make it in time for the SA release? Only time will tell! Nice work amigos. 8)
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby =Chico= » Thu May 10, 2007 11:21 pm

pretty phat!
=Chico=
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby EvilFutsin » Thu May 10, 2007 11:46 pm

*imagines a big rolling Homer Simpson barreling around the wild west*

....yeah, too much TV. >_>
"I Gotta Believe!"
EvilFutsin
SG Team

Postby hika » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:34 pm

@Red: Did I already told you that the futur Hang'em High map has such a great and better ambient ?
Seems that your mapping skill always improves from a map to another.

By the way, even if I have many other real life stuff, lately, I will go back to wq3 work (slowly however) as soon as possible, when the new game name will be set !
SG name: Manchot
SG fansite: http://western.bsdmon.com
userbar originally created by Caffeine
hika
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:17 am

Thanks, but the latest version of HeH is broken & I'm not sure why. The particle system & ladders don't work now. :x I've been trying to fix it but my time is limited lately. :oops: But fear not, I will do whatever it takes to fix it & make HeH the very best that I can. As for the name change, we all know that this presents problems. I will be emailing the team regarding this soon. Sorry for my abscence in the last few weeks.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Return to SG News

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel