With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...

Moderator: Pardner

News with Substance!

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:47 pm

Howdy folks! As you can see, our webmaster is beginning to make changes to the website. Please bear with us as he experiments a little. Not looking too shabby so far! We're still Western Quake 3 for now so don't get too excited. These changes are neccesary in preparation for the Stand Alone that's coming. In addition to graphical work, Leth4l has also been busy adding new features to the site. Mouse around a bit & I'm sure you'll notice. Player stats for the RAWHIDE & WASTELAND servers are alive & kickin. Link at the left of this page. For the moment, L3th4l will be manually uploading fresh stats once per day for RAWHIDE. At the end of every month, we'll clear the stats there & everyone starts fresh. Hmm, sounds like a good reason to post "best player of the month" or something? 8O

ATTENTION TESTERS: You will find a revamped version of Hang'em High in the SA tester section of the forum. In addition to some beautification, Bank Robbery fans will be happy to know I've added this gametype to the level. I need your help to find out if the gameplay is good or not so I can make any needed adjustments. As best I can tell, all significant map bugs have been squashed. :)

Ever wanted to try your hand at making maps for this game? Well now we have an updated tutorial that shows you what you need to download & how to set everything up properly. There's a written guide with screenshots & a 10 minute video to help you get off on the right foot. As time permits, we hope to make more tutorials that'll go into the actual process of level editing.

Thanks for being patient folks. The Stand Alone has been taking much longer than we ever imagined it would. :| Even though our team has suffered through some pretty tough times, we're too stubborn to give up. Good things are starting to happen again so don't lose faith! :wink:
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Dadamungo » Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:14 am

love the new header on the site! glad you guys are making progress.
Dadamungo
Shootist

Re: News with Substance!

Postby Pardner » Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:40 am

ReD NeCKersoN wrote:Hmm, sounds like a good reason to post "best player of the month" or something?

Good news indeed. I think this is a really cool idea! of course its a little unfair for our over-sea friends. Im glad to hear that things are kickin again!

Pardner
SG Team

Postby Chainsaw » Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:37 am

I just checked out the stats page! WooHoo!!! I'm best killer with a peacemaker! Oh baby! Oh Baby! Oh Baby, baby, Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

Of course, Dadamungo is best killer with every other weapon, and in every other context, but I'm only lookin' at the rainbow, not the rain. Oh yeah. Watch how I put my hands over my knees and pretend that my hands are switching places when I wobble my knees back and forth. Try that with a Remington!

Feeling so good, I'm gonna go celebrate... by... reading a book... and then going to bed... Dang, I'm old...
Chainsaw
Quick Draw

Postby Breli » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:04 pm

I have just returned from my vacation and what do my bleary eyes have to see? Hundreds o' posts and the website and the logo all new and sweet!

Great job L3th4l and Red 8)
SG name: =SG= BRELI

Harmonica: Did you bring a horse?
Gunmen: Looks like we are short on one horse!
Harmonica: No. You brought two too many.
Breli
SG Team

Postby Dadamungo » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:02 pm

Chainsaw wrote:I just checked out the stats page! WooHoo!!! I'm best killer with a peacemaker! Oh baby! Oh Baby! Oh Baby, baby, Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

Of course, Dadamungo is best killer with every other weapon, and in every other context, but I'm only lookin' at the rainbow, not the rain. Oh yeah. Watch how I put my hands over my knees and pretend that my hands are switching places when I wobble my knees back and forth. Try that with a Remington!

We can both enjoy it for now, there are folks that can unseat us both pretty quick if they get on the servers more 8)
Dadamungo
Shootist

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:46 am

Breli wrote:I have just returned from my vacation and what do my bleary eyes have to see? Hundreds o' posts and the website and the logo all new and sweet!

See how much you've missed? Working for this game IS a vacation!! :D (Ok, maybe not really.) :lol:
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Return to SG News

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel