With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...

Moderator: Pardner

WHOOO-DOGGY!

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:50 am

I don't want to jump the gun too much here but there's been some pretty exciting developments in the last week. First off, Henri (aka Leon) showed me some new skins in progress that made me all warm & fuzzy inside. And these aren't even finished yet. 8O How 'bout some screenshots!

Image Image Image
If that wasn't enough to make me empty my winchester with glee, Zapata shows up out of nowhere offering up his modelling skillz! We'll have to see if Zapata will follow through on his offer to remake the player models. But I have a very good feeling about this guy. 8)

Fans keep asking me when the stand alone will be released. I've learned not to make predictions concerning a date for the SA, but our small team is hoping we can get this baby finished soon. Truth is, all I can tell you is not untill it's ready. However, L3th4l is finishing his work replacing the ID Software textures & the mappers are tackling some file restructuring this week. Thanks to our testers (hola mi amigos!) some bugs have been found in the new version of Hang'em High & the SA dedicated server. These issues are being addressed as you read this. The br version of Lake is also going to see some tweaking to make it more enjoyable. Untill next time, is your name on the stats pages? You gonna pull those pistols, or whistle dixie?!? :P
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Dadamungo » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:01 am

Very nice! Can't wait to see the new models in action.
Dadamungo
Shootist

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:10 am

Dadamungo wrote:Very nice! Can't wait to see the new models in action.

We've been disappointed before, but I really hope this guy is for real. Zapata obviously does some quality work. 8)
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby haraldx » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:08 am

I Can Already Know The Name Of The Black Guy ! Mr. Stranger ! Or Maybe Mr. Lost ! And The Guy In White Will Be Mr. Amigo ! Ok I Dont Know But I Just Like The Chars ! :)
In Game Name: Harald
Favourite Weapon: Colt Peacmaker
My Favourite Char: TheMexican

Im Amigo With Sombrero On Head And Peacmaker In Hand !
haraldx
Gunslinger

excellent

Postby ChainLightnin' » Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:54 pm

Heh, heh, yah, Red! A Josie Wales quote! And the skins are excellent. I have personally noticed how hard it is to fit a much different skin on an existing model. So being able to get matching new models sure would be cool too! :roll: :D
Well...Mr. Chain Blue Lightnin' hisself..heh, heh!
ChainLightnin'
Gunslinger

Postby Black Jack Ketchum » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:14 pm

Cool characters.
I hope the sa is going to be finished son. But don't rush it, its better to do right the first time.
The REAL Blackjack Ketchum
\/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Jack_Ketchum

[R.I.P =Cowboys From Hell= Clan]
Black Jack Ketchum
Quick Draw

Postby hika » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:44 pm

YAY ! YAY !
What a surprise to see some new work in progress I didn't know about :P !
However, I don't feel that we have to wait Zapata and Leon's works, before releasing the standalone version.
No pressure, guys. It's just very kind of you to contribute to this fabulous game :D
SG name: Manchot
SG fansite: http://western.bsdmon.com
userbar originally created by Caffeine
hika
SG Team

Postby DeUgli » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:36 pm

Very nice new skins. I personally hope someone will rework the female face. It's basically Lee Van Cleef in drag. :lol:
DeUgli
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby Deka » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:12 pm

Good news, happy to see that the project progresses :wink:
Avec Linux vous avez un noyau, avec Windows, seulement des pépins...
Deka
Drifter

Postby Pardner » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:16 pm

yeeeehaaaa, this are looking up around here! I'm countin the days untill I'm back online again! :) Just in time me thinks!

DeUgli wrote:Very nice new skins. I personally hope someone will rework the female face. It's basically Lee Van Cleef in drag. :lol:

Very true.

Pardner
SG Team

Postby Fred187 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:16 pm

Gotta love that film.
Fred187
Drifter

Postby DeUgli » Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:00 am

Pardner wrote:yeeeehaaaa, this are looking up around here! I'm countin the days untill I'm back online again! :) Just in time me thinks!

You'll have lots of company, Pardner, if things keep up the way they have been lately. We've had lots of good games on Rawhide nearly every night this week. The lead's a-flyin'!
DeUgli
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby Marek » Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:52 pm

I have a little question: Will these new model be additional or will they replace the old models? I'm asking because we could do for a few more distinguishable charakters.

btw: We (Breli's former colleagues and new colleagues in Muenster) totally appreciate your work and really look forward to the SA with great excitement!

Cheers from Germany
Marek
Marek
Newcomer

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:22 pm

Thanks Marek! We hope Zapata can replace the current player models first before we see if he wants to do anything else. :)
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Return to SG News

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel