With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...

Moderator: Pardner

Getting Closer?

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:26 am

Don't have Q3? You can still play WQ3 by using THESE free methods.

Howdy folks. Just in case you haven't noticed, the url for this website changed to http://forum.smokin-guns.org awhile back. :)
There's some talk about holding a bank robbery tournament next month. Hit THIS THREAD on our forum to vote for your favorite br map & let us know if you want to participate. L3th4l has been looking into setting up a new tourney website so you can follow the rankings & results. I'm told there's also a good chance we'll be getting a new website (when the stand alone comes out) that will be loaded with new features for folks who might be interested in ladder matches!
The level designers have been chipping away at our list. I'm happy to announce that all but the duel maps are nearly finished. This means we should be able to begin putting together a new test package of the stand alone fairly soon. Included will be two brand new maps by Breli. Check out the video for a peek!

<object width="432" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.moddb.com/media/embed/84122"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.moddb.com/media/embed/84122" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" allowfullscreen="true" width="432" height="340"></embed></object>

Breli has also done a lot of tweaking to his older level called BackWater. Hit the "pic-o-the-week" to see some interesting changes in textures & scenery.

I guess that's about all I have to report at this time, although I could swear I'm forgetting something.
Last edited by ReD NeCKersoN on Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby haraldx » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:26 am

Are you for real ? 8O This is absoluetly best time when to do something like that ! I wonder, is it possible to finish the standalone when the easter time comes :?:
In Game Name: Harald
Favourite Weapon: Colt Peacmaker
My Favourite Char: TheMexican

Im Amigo With Sombrero On Head And Peacmaker In Hand !
haraldx
Gunslinger

Postby =Chico= » Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:02 pm

The maps look fantastic Breli. Great work. These should prove to be great additions to the stand alone and I am looking forward to playing them! :lol: :lol:
=Chico=
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby Breli » Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:27 pm

Thanks for the high praise Chico! Hopefully, they will provide a nice environment for shotouts for our little project here once we get that darned thing otta the door that is :roll: ...

Just make sure to sip a glass of "Gl?hwein" while playing them ;)
SG name: =SG= BRELI

Harmonica: Did you bring a horse?
Gunmen: Looks like we are short on one horse!
Harmonica: No. You brought two too many.
Breli
SG Team

Postby pansho » Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:41 pm

Nice maps!! :D
looking forward to the standalone very much!
pansho
Drifter

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:43 am

haraldx wrote:I wonder, is it possible to finish the standalone when the easter time comes :?:

Sorry, but no.
If we're lucky, all of the maps will be finished in a few more weeks. Then we have to begin putting together everything that goes into the stand alone installer. Then we have to give it to our testers. They will find bugs & we'll try to fix them. Also, some things won't be ready for the testers & will have to be finished along the way. (The manual comes to mind.) Very hard to say how long all of that will take. But at least we are getting close to a test. :wink:
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby haraldx » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:47 pm

ReD NeCKersoN wrote:But at least we are getting close to a test. :wink:

WOOT !
In Game Name: Harald
Favourite Weapon: Colt Peacmaker
My Favourite Char: TheMexican

Im Amigo With Sombrero On Head And Peacmaker In Hand !
haraldx
Gunslinger

Return to SG News

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel