With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...

Moderator: Pardner

The Final Gunfight (2004)

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Mon May 12, 2008 2:16 am

A film by EvilFutsin originally released in 2004 & made within the Western Quake 3 mod. (Way back in the days of version 2.0) Grab a soda & some popcorn because this flick is about 22 minutes in length. Because the video was made so long ago, you'll notice some "not so pretty" aspects of the mod back then. The game is looking much, much better for the upcoming stand alone release, so please keep that in mind! The main thing to focus on here is EvilFutsins' talent for making movies. Quite an extraordinary undertaking to say the least. Countless hours of filming, retakes, & editing in this "one of a kind" film that took over a year to complete. Kudos to Futsin & everyone who helped bring this story to the big screen! I'm very pleased to re-release EvilFutsin's The Final Gunfight for your viewing pleasure! (You can download the original file here if you want to save it to your hard drive.)

<object width="432" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.moddb.com/media/embed/89734"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.moddb.com/media/embed/89734" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" allowfullscreen="true" width="432" height="340"></embed></object>

Oh yeah... the team is discussing what needs to be done to get the SA tester package together. 8O We still have some unfinished items to tackle, but that shouldn't keep us from some much needed testing. I'm not sure how soon we'll have something ready, but testers should keep their eyes open.
Last edited by ReD NeCKersoN on Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby EvilFutsin » Mon May 12, 2008 3:04 am

Yay, my baby is alive again! :D Although maybe having this on Father's Day instead of Mother's Day would've worked better. ;)

Thanks for reposting it, Red, I've been a real lazybones about it. >_<
"I Gotta Believe!"
EvilFutsin
SG Team

Postby =Chico= » Tue May 13, 2008 3:19 am

oldie but a goodie!
=Chico=
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby stuffStohl » Tue May 13, 2008 11:31 am

really nice work, not to say a masterpiece.
I ve never thought about placing gatlin in the curch tower :-)
stuffStohl
Pistolero

Postby haraldx » Tue May 13, 2008 2:33 pm

the film is great but it looks kinda strange. why ?
1. when climbing the ladders it looks a bit strange .
2. a man aims at the cowboy for some hours and misses ! it looks so strange but its FUN :lol:
3.everyone just wastes ammo by knowing they wont hit him.this is also verry strange but it adds more action .... i think so....

alll strange things are actualy made good in this film fixing the '' shoot, you idiot '' feeling

Great Job
In Game Name: Harald
Favourite Weapon: Colt Peacmaker
My Favourite Char: TheMexican

Im Amigo With Sombrero On Head And Peacmaker In Hand !
haraldx
Gunslinger

Postby EvilFutsin » Wed May 14, 2008 11:46 am

Yeah, my usual mark on an action film is "shooting lots of ammo and not hitting a damn thing."

Remember, the bad guys are typical action movie "mooks" (people who are so insignificant they have no names - you know, generic bad guys), and as John Woo (and Sam Peckinpah before him) taught us, those guys either don't shoot fast enough or shoot terribly.

That and I give all my leading action heroes some of Steven Seagal's patented "Bullet Repellent." 8)
"I Gotta Believe!"
EvilFutsin
SG Team

Postby Joe Kari » Wed May 14, 2008 11:57 am

Amazing video !
You've got real talents !

I just remember that one month ago, when talking to Red Neckerson, I tell him that if you are interested, I can share with you the lastest version of Alamo and of my little duel map ;)
Just pm me if you want it !

PS: What is this cemetary map ? :)
Never seen it (I play WQ3 since beta 2.0)
Joe Kari
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Thu May 15, 2008 7:07 pm

Joe Kari wrote:What is this cemetary map ? :) Never seen it (I play WQ3 since beta 2.0)

That's not a "real" level in the game. Futsin put that together (with some quick & dirty copy/paste action from existing maps) as sort of a "movie set" just for the film. (I only helped with the compile.) If you look at the following screenshots from spectator mode you will understand why it's not included in the game. But it worked just fine for the movie since Futsin was very carefull about choosing his camera angles. :wink:

Image Image
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Joe Kari » Thu May 15, 2008 8:15 pm

Okey ;)
That's true, it looks fine in the movie !
Joe Kari
SG Team

Postby DeUgli » Thu May 15, 2008 10:06 pm

ReD NeCKersoN wrote:That's not a "real" level in the game. Futsin put that together (with some quick & dirty copy/paste action from existing maps) as sort of a "movie set" just for the film. (I only helped with the compile.)

It's cool to see the "set". Sorta like a tour of Universal Studios.
DeUgli
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby haraldx » Fri May 16, 2008 4:47 pm

i agree DeUgli ! anyway, if the map is fixed could it be in the game not only the film ? actualy this map looks cool !
In Game Name: Harald
Favourite Weapon: Colt Peacmaker
My Favourite Char: TheMexican

Im Amigo With Sombrero On Head And Peacmaker In Hand !
haraldx
Gunslinger

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Fri May 16, 2008 6:11 pm

The set wasn't designed with gameplay in mind. Moving around was fairly difficult & we had to reshoot several scenes many times because the actors kept running into objects. IF this level ever made it into the game, it would probably need to be remade from scratch rather than fixed. It's also currently not big enough for anything other than to be part of a duel map. Since there's a bit of interest concerning the set, here's a better look. (I hope Futsin doesn't mind that I'm pointing out reasons why it's no good for including in the game. Like I said, he only designed it to be a movie set.)

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rfxrKgqCB2o&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rfxrKgqCB2o&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby EvilFutsin » Sat May 17, 2008 3:18 am

I'm glad you were the one to mention it, Red, cuz you gave all the photographic evidence! :D I was just gonna say "eh."

There's been thoughts to remake the map to do it properly, but it'd require a lot of work. The original idea, if accomplished, would be far bigger in scale, also and far more complicated. I have way too many projects on my plate as it is, so if anyone else wants to step up to the plate, they're more than welcome to!
"I Gotta Believe!"
EvilFutsin
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sat May 17, 2008 4:15 am

EvilFutsin wrote:I have way too many projects on my plate as it is, so if anyone else wants to step up to the plate, they're more than welcome to!

I wasn't dropping any hints. :wink: I've thought about recreating this level myself a few times, but if I ever did it would happen after the SA is released. Then again, I have many ideas for new maps so who knows what I'll do. Finishing the SA is much more important right now.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Return to SG News

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel