With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...

Moderator: Pardner

Postby pansho » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:47 pm

Now when i downloaded beta 2.2 i see the map in the maplist. But there's a new problem: i can't play it. this is what happens.

When i load the map it comes up an error: Hunk_alloc failed on 2931392.

One more problem i have: how do you make the shortcut to wq3 work:?:
pansho
Drifter

Postby Pardner » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:18 pm

pansho wrote:When i load the map it comes up an error: Hunk_alloc failed on 2931392.

One more problem i have: how do you make the shortcut to wq3 work:?:

The shortcut should work fresh from install. The shortcut's target should point to your quake3.exe and have the fs_games set to westernq3. Your shortcut target should look something like the following:
Code: Select all
*\quake3\quake3.exe +set fs_game westernq3 +set com_hunkmegs 96

This should fix both the shortcut problem and the memory problem. If you still are getting memory errors, try increasing com_hunkmegs to 128 or something.

Pardner
SG Team

Postby pansho » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:26 pm

Everything works great now and the map is so AWESOME! can't wait to play br on this one :D Thank you guys for all help an thanks to this REALLY awesome map! :wink: :D
pansho
Drifter

Postby Joe Kari » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:11 pm

I'm glad to see that it works well ! ;)
Joe Kari
SG Team

Postby Murphy » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:44 am

I only played it with my brother against bots but it looked very good. We loved the interior of the house with the red cloth, the stable one can sneak through and the cool little details like the credits book and the openable plate in the saloon.

A bit of constructive criticism (no offense meant of course):
There could be more cover on the walls. Maybe ammo crates for the cannons.
Spawning up in the attic next to the metal box is a bit of a chore because jumping out of the window does a lot of damage and running down the stairs takes time. If everyone could spawn in the same section or better yet if there was hay below the window that would prevent you from getting falling damage that would be better. It would also offer escape possibilities later on in the game. I don't know if it's possible though.
In the spawning section of the other team you can get up the walls over the roofs of the small buildings but if there was a ladder leading up to the walls too it would prevent a bit of confusion among newcomers and streamline it a bit.
Murphy
Pistolero

Postby Joe Kari » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:32 pm

Hi !

Thanks for your comment ;)
For the cover on the wall, I have already think about it but leave the idea because of technical matter (things on wall are visible from many many place on the map, and you know, the geometry of the map is already a litlle too much heavy, it will cause a lost of fps).
For the window, are you speaking of those in the big house ? The metal box is the safe of the Bank Robbery version, from this room, you can escape through the window (the one with shutter). Just open the shutter, jump out the window while crouching (like you do through many window in this game that are too narrow), and you are out. You can go out to by opening the door in the bedroom and jump in the market place (of course, you need to know that crouching just before touching the ground allow you to jump from higher without taking damage).
For the attackers spawn, there are many ways to get up the walls, just look at the bot, they know a really easy way to go there ;)

There are a lot of secret in Alamo, one of my favourite that I would share : all the saloon table can be moved to provide some protection against outside attackers ;)
Joe Kari
SG Team

Postby Murphy » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:23 pm

I didn't know about crouching before landing. I'll try it, thank you!
Didn't know about the tables either but that's a very stylish idea.

We love the bird too. :)
Murphy
Pistolero

Postby Joe Kari » Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:09 am

Thanks a lot for your feedback ;)

I'm curious about what is your nickname in the game, are you "Lew Murphy" ? Or your name in the game isn't related to Murphy ? ;)
Joe Kari
SG Team

Postby Murphy » Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:58 pm

I mostly play offline in a Lan with my brother and some bots. In the rare occasions I am online I am just Murphy, without the Lew.
Murphy
Pistolero

Previous

Return to SG News

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel