With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...

Moderator: Pardner

Stand Alone UPDATE!

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:00 am

I'm sorry there hasn't been a news update in awhile. I'm also sorry I haven't taken the time to create new video or screenshots to show you for this news post. (The entire dev team has been enjoying the summer.) HOWEVER, I'm EXTREMELY happy to say that we are back to work & rapidly killing a few bugs for a release candidate to present to our testers soon. Stay tuned! :D

In other news, I stumbled accross this video on youtube. I normally don't like to show off pics or vids that point out bugs & exploits in the game, but most of WQ3's problems have been fixed for the stand alone release anyway. Besides, these guys look like they're having a BLAST! Literally!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/v-30WlXBfMk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/v-30WlXBfMk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Last edited by ReD NeCKersoN on Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby haraldx » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:30 pm

WooT. i guess the standalone will be the next ... month? that would be cool!
In Game Name: Harald
Favourite Weapon: Colt Peacmaker
My Favourite Char: TheMexican

Im Amigo With Sombrero On Head And Peacmaker In Hand !
haraldx
Gunslinger

Postby Deka » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:50 pm

The D-Day is coming... :)
Avec Linux vous avez un noyau, avec Windows, seulement des pépins...
Deka
Drifter

Postby Pardner » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:11 pm

Great video, I think we need some more videos like this; a bunch of short clips to promote the SA. The SA is going to be great!! :P

Pardner
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:21 am

Pardner wrote:Great video, I think we need some more videos like this; a bunch of short clips to promote the SA.

I was thinking the same thing. Once the testers have the SA I'd like for us to put something together. I've been honing my vid making skills the last few weeks in preparation. :wink: Maybe Futsin would be interested in lending his talents as well?
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Clintstone » Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:13 pm

Concerning the vid: Burning this poor horse in Alamo (around 2:55)... Nah... That's not nice... Poor fellas. However: So damn looking forward to the release :P And as I missed it the last couple of times: I definitly would like to help with promo-vids! So: Post the dates! :D
Clintstone
Quick Draw

Postby Joe Kari » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:42 pm

Fun vid ;)
I don't know how they get the Matrix trademarked 'slow motion' effect at the begining of the video (while blowing away the entrance of Alamo) :D
(maybe changing the gravity cvar value :?: )
Joe Kari
SG Team

Postby Breli » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:58 pm

He, Clinstone, you are supposed to hone your mapping skillz rather than starting a hollywood career here :lol:

@Joe Kari: You can switch the gravity setting by changing a cvar named g_gravity (or similar) ... actually thats quite funny from time to time ;)
SG name: =SG= BRELI

Harmonica: Did you bring a horse?
Gunmen: Looks like we are short on one horse!
Harmonica: No. You brought two too many.
Breli
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:52 am

Joe Kari wrote:I don't know how they get the Matrix trademarked 'slow motion' effect at the begining of the video (while blowing away the entrance of Alamo)

It's done with video editing software. :wink:
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Clintstone » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:56 am

Breli wrote:He, Clinstone, you are supposed to hone your mapping skillz rather than starting a hollywood career here :lol:

We're on it, Breli, we're on it... Good things take time and winter's got some nice long evenings to work on it... And about Hollywood: Hey, they called ME! :lol:

See you,

Clintstone
Clintstone
Quick Draw

Postby EvilFutsin » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:28 am

ReD NeCKersoN wrote:
Joe Kari wrote:I don't know how they get the Matrix trademarked 'slow motion' effect at the begining of the video (while blowing away the entrance of Alamo)

It's done with video editing software. :wink:

Actually, the best way to do the slowmotion would be to use the built-in "avidemo" or some such command that Quake 3 has in its engine. When doing that, you have control over the framerate you give the output, although you then need an extra program to compile the TGAs it spits out into an actual movie file. (there's various methods)

But just saying, if you want slowmo that looks good, that's the way to do it. ;)

I seriously need to make my tutorial on this stuff....
"I Gotta Believe!"
EvilFutsin
SG Team

Postby Bart202 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:35 am

Guy i guess if you keep doing on this shoe-thing, your account is banned soon. :/
Facebook-Group of Smokin' Players

My hand toolz are colt peacemakers !°
Bart202
Gunslinger

Re: ....

Postby Pardner » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:38 pm

Bart202 wrote:Guy i guess if you keep doing on this shoe-thing, your account is banned soon. :/

This isn't just directed at Bart, but if you see a spammer on the forums please don't respond. Either Red, Lethal, or I will clean it up I promise. All three of the forum admins are in the same time zone so if a spammer posts in middle of the night it wont be fixed until we wake up.

All spammers accounts and their IPs will be banned.
Pardner
SG Team

Return to SG News

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel