With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...

Moderator: Pardner

The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly.

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:28 am

Our already small team has taken some heavy losses in the last few months. It's difficult to get everything done now even though we really haven't that much left to do. It's like trying to ride a worn out, 3 legged horse, uphill, without a saddle, with a posse on yer tail. :(
ImageOur loyal friend Pardner has really stepped up & taken an active role in the last month. His selfless contributions & enthusiasm are keeping me & the remaining dev team from losing faith. The Smokin' Guns game needs more people like this. 8) Also, our first test package went well with very few new bugs discovered. Most of these have been fixed.
When it's done!
I promised the stand alone in 2008 & so it shall be. We might be missing a very popular map (keeping my fingers crossed) & a few other things could likely be rough around the edges but I aim to keep my promise regardless. We need fresh blood around here & the only way to get it is to open the saloon & serve free beer.

We want to release in time for Christmas, but hope everyone will understand if we need to wait all the way up untill December 31, 2008 to squeeze in a last bit of goodness. Even if this release turns out to be a little less polished than the dev team dreamed of... it's still a giant step forward for the game in many ways. Stay tuned, for the time is near.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby CoolHand » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:57 am

Thanks for all our hard work dev team!!!

I wish I was a decent programmer, and had more time to help out, but unfortunately shell scripting is about as good as I can do...

Thanks again!

8)
CoolHand
Pistolero

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:33 am

Thanks for posting CoolHand. (You are the player with the same nick on the servers? GG's!) Anyway, we might have the help we need as of today. Time will tell. :)
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Wh1sper » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:13 pm

So, the hope for a really greatful Christmas present is still there?
Always sa to lose long standing mebers, but hey, the world is still there!.
Mein Blog http://Zockertown.de/s9y/ News über Linux und Nertenkram
Wh1sper
Drifter

Postby zeVlad » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:35 am

Thanks for all, folks ! :P
It'll be good, for sure...

We'll enjoy it !
zeVlad
Pistolero

Postby Breli » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:50 am

This mod has ways to survive and puts some tricks right up our sleeves every now and then especially when you think that its finally gone for good ...

Lets see where we can push this little project.
SG name: =SG= BRELI

Harmonica: Did you bring a horse?
Gunmen: Looks like we are short on one horse!
Harmonica: No. You brought two too many.
Breli
SG Team

Postby Pardner » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:35 pm

yeehaaa..... I'll drink to that!!
/me pulls out his peacemakers and lets two fly
Pardner
SG Team

Return to SG News

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel