With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...

Moderator: Pardner

Postby Clintstone » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:36 am

Dear developers,

a big THANK YOU for your work! The game really looks great and it smoothly runs on our local Linux Server (as it is a Company Server, we are not allowed (and not able) to open it as public server - as we are behind the companies FW we can't play on the official servers...) :D.

You all did a great job and you should be proud of it! I'll continue my testing and I still did not yet lose all hopes to contribute one day :roll: . I'll keep my fingers crossed that your efforts will pay off by an extended community! I'll do my best to spread the word.

Thanks again!

ClintStone
Clintstone
Quick Draw

Postby sparcdr » Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:25 pm

You are certainly welcome! Enjoy the game, really.. share it with friends on a burned cd or give them the link.
sparcdr
SG Team

Postby Pardner » Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:46 pm

Clintstone wrote:we are not allowed (and not able) to open it as public server - as we are behind the companies FW we can't play on the official servers...)

Thanks Clintstone! Hope you see you and your posse on the servers oneday ;)

Pardner
SG Team

Postby Breli » Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:59 pm

Clintstone wrote:Dear developers, ...

He Clintstone! Good to see you around here again! Thanks for the thanks!

I trust that you celebrate tea time every day! I haven't lost hope that somebody might actually start mapping you know ;)

Cheers

Breli
SG name: =SG= BRELI

Harmonica: Did you bring a horse?
Gunmen: Looks like we are short on one horse!
Harmonica: No. You brought two too many.
Breli
SG Team

Postby Clintstone » Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:14 pm

Breli wrote:I trust that you celebrate tea time every day! I haven't lost hope that somebody might actually start mapping you know ;)

We do, we do... And: Thesis is getting closer... I think that was the time most efficient for you, wasn't it? :wink: Furthermore: Our stay at the resort in Kleinwalsertal (the hut, which by day can be seen on the lower right part of this picture, beautiful spot in Austria - a place where we're going to stay for a few days, skiing by day, shooting (and, well, maybe drinking a little) by night :D)

is getting closer. It's still our idea to build this particular scenario for building a "mountainous" map. For sure we'll get some inspiration down there - and a new push for our motivation.

We'll see! Till then,

Clintstone
Clintstone
Quick Draw

Postby Poil » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:11 pm

Mirror on http://www.quake3.fr

Thx for your job !
Poil
Newcomer

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:15 pm

Thanks Poil. :)
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby torhu » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:59 pm

Never thought I'd live to see this! Great job, to those who spent the holidays pulling this through! :D :D :D
In game: =SG=monSter
Monster Browser
torhu
SG Team

Hell Yeah!

Postby stuffStohl » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:37 pm

Thanks from me, too.

It s fun, meeting all those old gunners coming out of their holes again to join the servers :-)

Hell-Yeah!

--stuff--
stuffStohl
Pistolero

Postby Breli » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:55 pm

Clintstone wrote:is getting closer. It's still our idea to build this particular scenario for building a "mountainous" map. For sure we'll get some inspiration down there - and a new push for our motivation.

We'll see! Till then,

Clintstone

I recommend "The great silence" as a source for some inspiration on this theme ;)
SG name: =SG= BRELI

Harmonica: Did you bring a horse?
Gunmen: Looks like we are short on one horse!
Harmonica: No. You brought two too many.
Breli
SG Team

Postby nraven » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:41 am

wooh! :D
nraven
Drifter

Postby Pardner » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:18 pm

nraven wrote:wooh! :D

wooohoo! ;) Welcome to the forums nraven. Cool to see more interest. Seen you on the servers and you're paul_busy on the IRC too right? :P

Pardner
SG Team

Postby Capt. Rich » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:12 am

I've been shooting bad guys since early Jan 1 2009 a.m.
Thank You so much ! I cant believe how small the download is. The SA is really great ., new maps and multi-plays great. I'm spreading the word !
You can never be too thin., too rich ., or have too much ammo.
Capt. Rich
Newcomer

Postby MisterX » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:26 am

I also just wanted to congratulate you on finally being able to finish the game :D It's been a long time since I actively played WQ3 and it's good to have it back in that polished and stand-alone way :)
It seemed to me that getting new players interested in SG is rather tough considering how dated the graphics tend to be, which is quite sad. But I'm hoping for the best and just enjoying the matches while they last :D

I've run into a few bugs, but only one was really annoying: On Dry Gulch me and another player occasionally spawned inside a crate and were therefore stuck, without any way of getting out. On a different map I happened to spawn inside of a teammate, so that another player had to kill one of us to free the other one. Lastly, I managed to get stuck when I wanted to leave the Gatling Gun. I guess I was able to somehow move into the wall when I rotated the Gatling.
Apart from that no player was able to buy anything on the Santa Fe Express in Round TDM. It was still very fun, though, as the water tower and the station got stuck on the train sometimes, which was a fun sight :D

Mostly, of course, it all worked very well and was a whole lot of fun :)
MisterX
Pistolero

Postby L3th4l » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:39 am

MisterX wrote:as the water tower and the station got stuck on the train sometimes, which was a fun sight :D

Do you know how it happened or can you reproduce it? Any input on that would be helpful so I can fix it..
L3th4l
Smokin' Amigo!

PreviousNext

Return to SG News

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel