With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...

Moderator: Pardner

What's Happening?

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:58 am

Howdy! One of our fans by the nick of Zongy pointed out a nifty video by the folks at bytejacker.com where Smokin' Guns is mentioned favourably. Muchas gracias to MisterX for making bytejacker aware of SG. Looks like they have a voting area too for Independant Game of the Week. (Go vote!) They didn't get all of their facts straight concerning the game, but it's a very professional, enjoyable film and I recommend you watch it all the way through.

<embed src="http://blip.tv/play/gZ1v541TjpwM%2Em4v" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>
Quotes From the video:
"This isn't just Quake in a cowboy costume. A lot of work went into this to make the gameplay original."
"An equal amount of care was put into the games' look & feel."
"The maps are great looking, plausible, old west environments and the music & sound could be straight out of any great old spaghetti western."

I reckon' that means Iron Claw Interactive made one heck of a game experience & Smokin' Guns Productions is doing well to make it even better. 8)

I'd like to mention several other websites that are promoting SG. Some are reviews & some aren't. I'll just put the links here so you can check them out.
TIGSource - an article by MisterX
The Linux Game Tome
++Beer Garden++
nousessence.com
[url=http://www.baixaki.com.br/download/smokin’-guns.htm]baixaki.com - thanks for the link Kouma![/url]
Long time fan & contributor Joe Kari has some technical advice for you level designers out there who aspire to make the next killer map. You can check it out on his blog. Really cool stuff!
Speaking of level design, I'll be linking to a new mappers package soon (I'll put it right here) that helps streamline the process of getting the tools installed correctly. Pardner will update the tutorial as soon as he can. Thanks L3th4l & Torhu for an updated q3map2!
A new fan named Hideous has produced the first mapping effort since the stand-alone was released & I'm sure he would like you to check out his work & give some feedback. Mappers crave feedback!
The coders (Tequila in particular) have really been digging hard & an IoQ3 backport is progressing more quickly than expected. Stay tuned!

Oh yeah... check out the Pic-O-The-Week by EvilFutsin. This image was used with our release on several sites. Pretty cool.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Asvarox » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:02 am

Gameboom wrote about SG too:
http://gameboom.net/node/1074
Asvarox
Newcomer

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:10 am

Hey thanks! 8)
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Return to SG News