With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...

Moderator: Pardner

Website & Other Announcements

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:53 am

Howdy folks. The terrible website performance of late is not due to a lack of enthusiasm on our part. It's due to this:
We at IGN are providing you with notice of very important changes that are taking place with the IGN Hosting Services, including the sad news that we are shutting down the IGN Hosting Services. We are in the process of moving to a new data centre, and a number of our operations are incompatible with it, including the free hosting service. At this time we regretfully are not in a position to carry out the additional work needed to make the hosting service compatible.
To make a long story short, we are truly grateful for the free hosting that we've received this year but it looks like we'll be moving sometime in August. In some ways sad, but in other ways good. If you've been trying to register on our forums without success, we apologize for the inconvenience. Keep trying, or be patient & wait untill the site is moved.

Enhancements & bug fixes to the code keep popping up here & there by our team members & freelance contributors alike. Muchas gracias to all involved! I'm looking forward to the next release! And when is that? Well, let's get this web hosting business sorted first, ok?

Lululaglue, owner & operator of the very popular bank robbery game server known as Jeuxlinux.fr, also runs a website. Awhile back, this SG fan asked a few questions of Tequila & me. You can read the interview over at jeuxlinux.fr, but bring a translator unless you speak french. Merci beaucoup Lululaglue! 8)

On a personal note, I'd like to give a shout-out to our build maintainer SparcDr, who recently turned 21 years old. That's old enough to stroll into the nearest saloon! Happy Birthday amigo. Our webmaster L3th4l, has added to his growing family with a new baby boy, born July 15th. We look forward to seeing him rob the Train in a few years. Perhaps we'll see a wanted poster by then? Congratulations! :D

Stay tuned folks as more news will be posted once the site has moved to a new provider.
Last edited by ReD NeCKersoN on Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Lucky Bro » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:48 pm

Too bad I can't read anything that said Tequila..
Anyway, nice interview! Keep on, guys!
P.S. Some screens from Xreal may be seen here.
"You should know that the lies won't hide your flaws/No sense in hiding all of yours/You gave up on your dreams along the way" (c) "Fake it" by Seether
P.S. English isn't my native language.
Lucky Bro
Gunslinger

Re: Website & Other Announcements

Postby moRtem » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:27 pm

ReD NeCKersoN wrote:You can read the interview over at jeuxlinux.fr, but bring a translator unless you speak french. Merci beaucoup Lululaglue! 8)

Nice interview, Red and Lululaglue. An english version is found at the bottom of your posted link btw.

/quit
moRtem
Gunslinger

Re: Website & Other Announcements

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:03 pm

moRtem wrote:An english version is found at the bottom of your posted link btw.

The english version is only what I sent to Lululaglue. There is no english version for Tequila's answers.
To translate the entire interview, try an online service such as http://babelfish.yahoo.com/
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby moRtem » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:09 pm

ah sorry..i didn't even bother looking carefully at the french one since i dun understand a single word

/quit
moRtem
Gunslinger

Postby Black Jack Ketchum » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:41 pm

Happy birthday to the both of you :P
The REAL Blackjack Ketchum
\/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Jack_Ketchum

[R.I.P =Cowboys From Hell= Clan]
Black Jack Ketchum
Quick Draw

Postby Sucalakafufu » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:54 am

so did we switch already? because its loading mighty fast for me ATM 0_0
SG Name: Sucalakafufu
Clan: [CWNN] - Clan With No Name
Sucalakafufu
Gunslinger

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:40 am

Sucalakafufu wrote:so did we switch already? because its loading mighty fast for me ATM 0_0

LOL, no. All of the fileplanet ads will disappear when we switch.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Sucalakafufu » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:06 am

ReD NeCKersoN wrote:
Sucalakafufu wrote:so did we switch already? because its loading mighty fast for me ATM 0_0

LOL, no. All of the fileplanet ads will disappear when we switch.

lol cool well it just was loading fast for some reason i guess :P cool now i have something to look for to notify me of the switch :)
SG Name: Sucalakafufu
Clan: [CWNN] - Clan With No Name
Sucalakafufu
Gunslinger

Postby Clink Eastward » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:34 am

I did wonder why it was playing up so much, still, change is a good thing! Congrats to Lethal, this is the relatively easy part, wait until he is toddling 8O .... 21 pffff! Wish I was 21 again :wink:
"But if you miss you had better miss very well. Whoever double-crosses me and leaves me alive, he understands nothing about Tuco"
Clink Eastward
Shootist

Postby sparcdr » Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:16 am

Haha, thanks ReD. PM me if you need to talk about the hosting situation.
sparcdr
SG Team

Return to SG News

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel