With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...

Moderator: Pardner

Iron Claw Interactive Interview

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:17 pm

Howdy Folks! Remember awhile back when I mentioned I had something very special planned for a future news post? Well this is it!
Not everyone knows that Smokin' Guns evolved from Western Quake 3, a total conversion for Quake 3 Arena. Those of us who have been around since the early days will never forget. Two of the original creators for WQ3, Spoon & Fakey, were kind enough to sit down for a little interview & share their stories with us. Here's a snippet:
"We also talked about "Outlaws" the famous western game by LucasArts. We really enjoyed it when it was released. Also I just had watched "the Good, the Bad and the Ugly" the first time (I wasn't a western fan back then) and I really have had a blast. So we decided to make a spaghetti western mod for Quake 3."
The interview is too lengthy to include in this news post, but you can read the whole story RIGHT HERE.
There's also a few screenshots & a video at the end of the interview in case you're wondering what WQ3 looked like 8 years ago. So much fun & history over the last decade. Long live Smokin' Guns!
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby torhu » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:34 pm

Wow, really great idea, Red. :D
In game: =SG=monSter
Monster Browser
torhu
SG Team

Postby =Chico= » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:39 am

Now if we can just get Futsin to do another feature film it will be the Cou de Gras- Or however that's spelled..
=Chico=
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby Joe Kari » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:58 pm

"Coup de grâce" ;)
Joe Kari
SG Team

Postby andreas.wah » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:26 am

I used to play this back in the Q3 days. Great stuff 8)
andreas.wah
Newcomer

Postby Clink Eastward » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:31 pm

Same here :) I am not as well versed as some who still play mind ;) Great article Red definitely filled in the blanks :D
"But if you miss you had better miss very well. Whoever double-crosses me and leaves me alive, he understands nothing about Tuco"
Clink Eastward
Shootist

Return to SG News

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel