With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...

Moderator: Pardner

Happenings & such...

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:35 am

Howdy folks! Been a spell since the last news post, but things have been mighty slow around these parts the last few months. Don't worry, we haven't given up on version 1.1 but I can't say when it will be released. In the meantime, there are some news-worthy happenings popping up here & there.

*The http://www.rmrcomic.com contest results are in & we'd like to thank v1 for hosting such a nice event. Head on over to this page for the lowdown on who won all of those neat prizes!

*Spanish_Broomaker put together a couple of gameplay videos, with commentary, in an effort to help new players understand what the game is like when you play online. Check them out here!

*For you server admins out there, BigBrotherBot (aka B3) has released a new version of their gaming administration tool which now includes beta support for Smokin' Guns. Here's the skinny from their website:
Smokin' Guns parser :
•added smg11 beta parser which is intended to work with the future Smokin' Guns 1.1 release. (Note that this is still a work in progress and it has been included in this B3 release as a preview.)

Forum poster Freelander also tells us that xrlstats, a statistics plugin for B3, is also getting some SG lovin' with the next release. For more links & info click here.

*The FAIL Clan is celebrating their 1st anniversary by holding a tournament that's open to all team players. For rules, signups, & other info click here.

*LuckyGenDago (aka .45 x zIu) has set up a new 50 slot TeamSpeak 3 server, with support for SG clans. See this thread for more info.

*For all of you level editors out there, Pardner put together a nice video tutorial that shows you how to set up GTK Radiant 1.4 & a few other tools. Check it out & create your own SG maps!

*A gunslingser by the name of Steve has been pretty busy lately. He put together a Net Radiant package that you can download if you'd rather try that out as opposed to GTK Radiant. No tutorial for it yet, but the readme has some info.
It's been awhile since an experienced mapper has drifted into town & Steve has also been posting some pretty sweet screenshots of his work in progress that he calls Outpost. Check out our pic-o-the-week for a tasty scene! You can also download a "preview" version of Outpost here. Have a look around & be sure to give Steve some feedback pilgrims.

*A few budding mappers have also been posting their works on the forums recently & would certainly like to have feedback too. !NuB!Donut has a map pack available here & Hideous is working on Desert Blood here.

*This just in, Pardner has released a beta version of his new map Lago. Get the map, loads of screenshots, and other information here. Only the deathmatch version is up for testing, but a BR version is in the works. Check out this promo vid Pardner put together.

Lago - Mod DB

Videos & Audio - Pardner - Mod DB

That's about it for this news post. As always, everyone let me know if I forgot anything important & I'll add it to the news... pronto.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby =Chico= » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:23 pm

Really nice map Pard! I likes it! :D
=Chico=
Smokin' Amigo!

i want to go to that place

Postby haydenleo2 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:18 am

how do you got to a fight? O_o i want to fight so bad ._.
haydenleo2
Newcomer

Postby Pardner » Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:23 am

Well, have you downloaded and installed the game? This is not a browser game, you must install the game on your computer.
template.php?page=8

If you are using Windows and you want to play online, I recommend installing Monster Browser
http://sites.google.com/site/monsterbrowser/

If you want to play single player against bots, just click Single player at the main menu.
Pardner
SG Team

Postby haydenleo2 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:29 am

i am only 8 and do you have to download the game
haydenleo2
Newcomer

Re: reply

Postby Pardner » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:38 pm

haydenleo2 wrote:i am only 8 and do you have to download the game

Youngins are welcome here :D

Yes, you must download and install the game first. Just click on the big red "Download Now"
http://www.moddb.com/games/smokin-guns/ ... uns-10-exe
Then once the game is download, double click on the downloaded file and the game will install. If you want, the first part of this video covers installation.

1.1b4 Tutorial - Mod DB
Pardner
SG Team

Postby haydenleo2 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:53 am

i am not aloud to down load :cry: but any way a found a better game it is a war game with updates every week :D
haydenleo2
Newcomer

Return to SG News

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel