With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...

Moderator: Pardner

X-mas news

Postby Tequila » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:41 am

Good news everyone!
This year is ending soon and even the world itself might end Wink.
Well, at least, the holiday season has begun and our community's activity is increasing. For instance, Ricochet is organizing a duel championship on December 23rd, 2012! I dare you to enter the contest with the best gunslingers this community has. Reply to Ricochet's topic until 22nd to sign up for the contest.

Also I would like to announce Smokin'Guns is definitively not dead. I often hear people looking for the Smokin'Guns team since the last release. We are here and need time to take care of everything. Lastly Pardner managed to release his latest map and I fixed some bugs in the code with our community help.

So you can expect a new Smokin'Guns release soon during next year !!! This is said.

I'm also would like to remember you we are always ready to merge new patches in Smokin'Guns code. We actually merging new stuffs so the code is evolving quickly! Many thanks to all our contributors, for instance TheDoctor and Barto. Coders can follow the changes and download the most recent sources, visit our repositories at SourceForge and at GitHub. Fork, code and ask for merging!! But yet, more is to come: many other patches of TheDoctor remain to be incoporated, there's also a patch from a contributor on SF to support 64bits executables and many updates from ioQuake3.

Finally, I'm happy to see and meet many loyal Smokin' Guns players during the next weeks. New players should remember, most online activity is in the evening (European time) and on weekends/holidays.
Twisted Evil

Last edited by Tequila on Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edit

Join Smokin'Guns Return room on Discord
Tequila
SG Team

Re: X-mas news

Postby sunrise » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:51 pm

Oh that sounds amazing, good new are good :D
sunrise
Quick Draw

Postby yankeedoodle » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:57 pm

nice
yankeedoodle
Drifter

Postby dowoshek » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:23 pm

Merry Christams to every fast and slower triggers around :)
Time of wishes, gifts and wonders... I hope Santa have something special for us from the bag below:
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=2067

Let me ask if there're men around that could put the red cap on his head. :wink:
dowoshek
Gunslinger

Postby Barto » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:28 pm

Tequila wrote:Also I would like to announce Smokin'Guns is definitively not dead.

Who said that SG was dead? I would personally like to meet this dude in the main street and see who's the fastest to pull the trigger on the 12th stroke of noon. :wink:

Anyway, long life to SG and merry Christmas to all cowboys and cowgirls around here!
"Chuck Norris had to shorten his beard in the presence of Richard Stallman because two beards that awesome, so close would segfault the universe (again)."
Barto
Jeuxlinux Admin

Postby yankeedoodle » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:00 pm

Will the new release be compatible for mac?
I really hope so. :?
yankeedoodle
Drifter

Postby Tequila » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:51 pm

yankeedoodle wrote:Will the new release be compatible for mac?
I really hope so. :?

Don't worry, this will be one of the major goal for the next release to be again fully supported on mac.
The really first good news about mac support is we will start a new beta test soon as I finished to merge ioQuake3 upstream code. And ioQuake3 did a really good work last months to better support mac so we will benefit of that work.
The second good news is I'm now in touch with an old friend who is a great mac fan. And when I asked him yesterday if he would help in anyway, he firstly proposed me to still give me an SSH access so I'll be at least able to build the game. But I can hope he will help for the system integration too.
So count on mac support for next release !!
:twisted:

Join Smokin'Guns Return room on Discord
Tequila
SG Team

Postby yankeedoodle » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:33 am

You're the best, Tequila ! :P .
I hope it will also work on my mac version, because it is a bit old (tiger=10.4.11).
yankeedoodle
Drifter

Postby SmokeyBacon » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:38 pm

Yay. When I get my desktop up and running again I hope to be SGing once again
SmokeyBacon
Shootist

Postby Qohs » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:52 pm

hey, I'm new to the game and I love it. I'd just like to thank you guys for keeping it alive, you're great, and so is the game. thanks!
Qohs
Newcomer

Postby Biondo » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:56 pm

Welcome on board, Qohs :)
Biondo
SG Website Designer

Return to SG News

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel