With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
WQ3 pre B2.2 archive. Links may not work.

Postby Breli » Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:48 pm

I don't wanna to be picky, Red, but during todays testing I found it a bit too dark ... Maybe you can light it up a notch?

Breli
Breli
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:53 pm

And here I thought you were the guy with the neon monitor? :lol:
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Breli » Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:00 am

My display is just as bright as I am .... LOL ;) Varies though ...

:mrgreen:
Breli
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:06 am

Could you be more specific about what is too dark? The whole map? Or just certain areas? Personally, I was planning to brighten the escape tunnel if that's what you are referring to.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Breli » Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:16 am

It was more or less my overall impression. But it was quite bright in my roon during that time, so if I played it now it may be different.

The new tunnel is too dark IMHO though ...

I know exactly how you feel, this is not a bug that you can trace down easily ... it depends on so many things ...

Breli
Breli
SG Team

Postby hika » Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:28 am

Hey, I guess this is what we should expect in a nightly map. ;)
Or can we add a sun ? :lol:
Seriously, for my part, the brightness is fine ... with full brightness tuning. ;)
In general, I don't know if I should lower it, just to have the same config as most of the players.
SG name: Manchot
SG fansite: http://western.bsdmon.com
userbar originally created by Caffeine
hika
SG Team

Postby Hellrider » Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:45 pm

In my opinion the brightness is fine on CB, but on Backwater ,i think, it's too dark...

BTW, my brightness setting is about 75%
Hellrider
Gunslinger

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:58 am

Breli wrote:It was more or less my overall impression. But it was quite bright in my room during that time, so if I played it now it may be different.

The new tunnel is too dark IMHO though ...

It's daylight where I live when we test & I totally agree with you & Lethal now for br mode. Hellrider & Manchot find it ok as is, but then again they play at very high brightness settings. I am going to brighten it further & try to please the majority......including myself. I simply hate not being able to see where the shots are coming from as I'm gunned down. I do not intend to overdo it though. Just a little more light up top & quite a bit more in the escape route. :wink:

I also think more cover is needed for the approach to the upper bank. It's still too risky and most robbers head for the tunnels where it's safer. Once again, I do not intend to overdo it. Just a little more cover damn it!
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby DeUgli » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:23 pm

Perhaps the problem is not with one map, but with the difference in brightness between different maps. Would it be good to calibrate the brightness for all the maps to within a more narrow range before the release of the standalone?
DeUgli
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:49 am

DeUgli wrote:Perhaps the problem is not with one map, but with the difference in brightness between different maps. Would it be good to calibrate the brightness for all the maps to within a more narrow range before the release of the standalone?

I don't know of an easy way to do that. Besides, certain maps have a set mood that would be ruined if we fooled with the lighting too much, although you can see well in most of them. For wq_cb I did it the right way. Used default settings & adjusted with each compile untill I could see fine. I did it the wrong way with br_cb. Brighter settings. :roll:
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:39 pm

*Link removed. -ReD-
This is very, very close to being finished now. I hope the lighting is acceptable for everyone now. I tried to make it so that even folks with very dark displays should only have to adjust their brightness a little. Those of you with bright settings may need to adjust down slightly. The 2nd safe for br, while still difficult to approach, has some new tactical elements for a team that works together. The escape tunnel should be quite a bit brighter for everyone as well. I hope this version is the best so far. :)
Last edited by ReD NeCKersoN on Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby sig11 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:38 am

It's on my server.

In this map I still have no complaints about the brightness ;-) ...

BTW, even if it is technically impractical tp let the smoke be blown into spots where campers may be located, with all that wind noise, it might be worth blowing the smoke somewhere else ;-) ...
In-game name: =SG= Django (yes, it's cliché :-) )
sig11
SG Team

Postby Breli » Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:14 pm

@DeUgli: There is no conceivable way I can think of to adjust the lightning of the maps :? ... like I wrote somewhere else its a lot of trial and error ... and a question of satisfying the majority respectively those who speak up here ...

@Red: Release it! :mrgreen:
SG name: =SG= BRELI

Harmonica: Did you bring a horse?
Gunmen: Looks like we are short on one horse!
Harmonica: No. You brought two too many.
Breli
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:53 pm

Breli wrote:@Red: Release it! :mrgreen:

I know you are aware that I am not totally satisfied with my work. Don't let that fool you into thinking I won't release it. It's going in 2.2 :wink:

@sig11: The smoke does blow in a direction & looks fine as long as you have the new smoke patch installed. In a 'clean' installation it just twirls around over the chimney. :)
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby sig11 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:00 pm

ReD NeCKersoN wrote:@sig11: The smoke does blow in a direction & looks fine as long as you have the new smoke patch installed. In a 'clean' installation it just twirls around over the chimney. :)

ahem .... :oops: .... makes sense .... and now it does move .... but only in BR ?
In-game name: =SG= Django (yes, it's cliché :-) )
sig11
SG Team

PreviousNext

Return to WQ3 Beta 2.2 Testing

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel