With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
WQ3 pre B2.2 archive. Links may not work.

What's a good date/time this weekend?

Poll ended at Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:29 am

The suggested time/dates work for me.
67%
I'll post my own preference.
No votes
Sorry, I can't make it.
33%

Total votes : 6

Map/patch testing for weekend of July 22nd

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:29 am

Lethal and I plan to upload revised versions of our new maps this Saturday before 12 noon est. (Around 6pm for most of Europe.) Shall we test these gameplay alterations? Should be a strategy adventure at the very least, which I think we all agree is the main focus now besides fixing bugs. Same times as last weekend seems good. 3pm est (around 9pm for most of Europe) and 12pm for Pacific.

I know sig11 is a very busy man, but if the german test server is updated on such short notice we'll play there again. If not, can we count on you Hika for a backup server? I'm really looking forward to some more good times! 8)
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby hika » Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:22 am

Same for me. I'm really looking forward for the next test session.
No problem, I will check for any updates needed by my test server.
If we use my test server, I hope it will not really affect ping for you, americans friends ;)

About the "Rendez vous" time, the same as the last weekend seems good, either Saturday and Sunday.
Till then, good work for you two, Lethal and Red ;)
SG name: Manchot
SG fansite: http://western.bsdmon.com
userbar originally created by Caffeine
hika
SG Team

Postby sig11 » Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:57 pm

Lately I have a bit more time and should be quicker to react ;-) ... My test server should have the updated maps then. Besides, I need to join, too ;-) - at least to spectate some of you guys since there seems to be a problem with the standalone files when spectating. So don't be confused when I don't actually join (besides, I suck anyways ;-) ... )
In-game name: =SG= Django (yes, it's cliché :-) )
sig11
SG Team

Postby Hellrider » Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:28 pm

I'm sorry to say that I can't join this test session :( but i 've got a match in our local dart league this evening...

So if there'll also be some testers on sunday around the same time, then i'll be there, too.
Hellrider
Gunslinger

Postby DeUgli » Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:15 am

I will try to make it on Saturday; I'd say the odds are about 85% for my being able to show up. I'll be busy on Sunday.
DeUgli
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sat Jul 22, 2006 4:59 pm

Well the latest version of CB is available now. See this thread for download. Last I heard, Lethal is planning to have Lake uploaded by noon. Hopefully we'll have at least enough players for some 2 vs 2.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby DeUgli » Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:32 pm

Saturday morning I got the CB update, fired up Xfire and the MonsterBrowser, but didn't see anyone from 9:00am until 10:30am Pacific Time. Thought you'd like to know that I did try.
DeUgli
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby L3th4l » Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:37 pm

New lake version is up Here

Testing isn't starting till 3pm est (around 9pm for most of Europe) and 12pm for Pacific.
L3th4l
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby hika » Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:59 pm

The two updated maps are on my test server, ready to host some GG !
See ya later, guys ! 8)
SG name: Manchot
SG fansite: http://western.bsdmon.com
userbar originally created by Caffeine
hika
SG Team

Postby sig11 » Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:01 pm

both are on mine, too now ;-) ...
In-game name: =SG= Django (yes, it's cliché :-) )
sig11
SG Team

Postby rev_blueduck » Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:38 am

i played alittle this morning
man did i get my butt kicked never played with all real people just bots
and i thought i was doing good untell i ran into some real people
i couldnt kill any1 unless i was camping or ran into them with my knife
very hard game to get good at i was alittle discouraged but will keep tryin
i missed the testin om other server i got busy and when i rembered it was to late and every 1 was gone
if u guys are going to set up aneither time ill be there
i am really sorry
quack
quack
rev_blueduck
Pistolero

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:42 am

I'll try to be around at the same time (3pm est, 2pm central, 12pm pacific, 9pm europe) on Sunday. Maybe we'll have a few more testers, I hope. The few of us that played today didn't really play much at all. We mostly wandered around looking for bugs, noticing changes and discussing stuff in general. But that's a good thing too.

If we have enough tomorrow, I'd really like to actually do some fighting to see how the br changes affect gameplay for both new maps. :wink:
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby DeUgli » Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:47 am

L3th4l wrote:Testing isn't starting till 3pm est (around 9pm for most of Europe) and 12pm for Pacific.

Rats! I got completely confused and missed playing. I did download the new Lake and Canyon maps. Lake BR is a comic farce with the bots. Having one set of bots spawn inside a cabin they can't exit and the other set spawn just over the hill makes for some short rounds.
DeUgli
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:58 am

Yeah, we're having an awful time with bots on br mode for both maps. You'll notice the dumb bastards can't get out of my house sometimes either. :roll: I wouldn't expect good bot support for these maps ever if I were you. :wink: One thing we can try though is setting the doors to be in the open position at the start of the round. At least that way the stupid things can get out. Should be able to do it with a simple key in the entity editor. Worth a try. But here I go derailing this thread, so I'll shut up about it now.

Rev_Blueduck: Hang in there buddy! This game does take getting used to & you were up against some hardcore players today. You have nothing to be ashamed of. My advice to you would be use a shotgun for now and aim for the head when you can. When you're on a tight map (like train) go with the sawed off. :wink: Hardly anyone complains about campers in this game. (They usually just try to sneak up on them.) Do whatever works for ya till you get a feel for wq3.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Breli » Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:10 am

ReD NeCKersoN wrote:One thing we can try though is setting the doors to be in the open position at the start of the round.

It is unlikely that that will help, but it may be worth trying. A bunch of bots usually manages to block their way all by themselves especially in tighter areas. They don't even need a door for that ;).

@Rev_Blueduck: There is nothing to be ashamed of! You never played BR before, so you don't know the maps and the normal player routes ... some of the players can play these maps blindfolded ;)
Breli
SG Team

Next

Return to WQ3 Beta 2.2 Testing

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel